General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

newb has a question?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Beginning Member
jimdian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default newb has a question?

Was offered some 16" rims . Is it worth it to pick em up and do a lift put some bigger tires on?I think they look cool as hell jacked up. But is it going to getreal expensive.I love my truck. But can't afford to get to crazy???? What to do??Any pro's advice would be hugely appreciated. Thanks

Old 07-08-2008, 08:49 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: newb has a question?

I would have loved to get some 16s or better when I was getting rims/tires, but I didn't have the funds to get both, and I was impatient...so I bought rims then tires, and kept the 15s

All my lifting and what not cost me just under $200. 2' is real easy to get with these trucks, and then a body lift gets you the extra boost for big tires.

WAIT.

What do you drive?

Old 07-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Beginning Member

Old 07-08-2008, 08:54 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Fullsize 99 or S-series?

Old 07-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Beginning Member

I would do the lifts myself providing they notbe to big a deal.Are kits the way to go there?

Old 07-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Beginning Member

It's a 2door 4x4. I guess itsan s-blazer

Old 07-08-2008, 09:13 PM
BF Veteran

Haha sorry yea you have an s-series. I thought I ready 89.

You can get 2' of lift out of installing shackles bought from a number of different places for ~$60, then you crank up your torsion bars in the front. Run a search on here for torsion bar/t bar/shackles and you'll get all the info you could ever want. There are kits available but I think that they're entirely too expensive for the advantage they give you.

As for tire size, 16s do make it trickier (and expensive) to find A/T or M/T tires for, and going bigger gets even harder. You can go 30x9.5 without lift, 31x10.50 with 2', 32/33s and up just start to cause problems, so know what you're getting into and what you want to do with the truck.

Here is a good page to start on

Old 07-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Beginning Member

Yep, thats the page dude. Thanks

Old 07-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Beginning Member

And now I really don't know what the heck I'm gonna do. There is some good info here thats for sure. Thanks

Old 07-08-2008, 10:10 PM
BF Veteran

You just gotta think about what you want to do with the truck. Are you going more for looks with the occasional offroad trip? Will you never go offroad?

Once you get that, then you can plan what you need to do to fit the 16s and bigger tires.

Quick Reply: newb has a question?