General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Off-Road Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 10:33 PM
Beginning Member
BEAT MY JIMMY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Off-Road Parts

Anyone know where to find a clutch and flywheel for a 94 Jimmy that's made for off-road abuse? A day at Mettowee Mudboggers Park smoked my NAPA bought throw-out bearing (and probably the clutch too) and warped my flywheel. There must be a company that manufactures heavy-duty, off-road parts for these vehicles.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Heavy-duty, yes. You should be able to find HD parts just about anywhere... Doubt you'll find an "offroad" clutch though.

Old 04-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Starting Member
86Blazer327 is an unknown quantity at this point

Most mud drag trucks run automatics.
I doubt youll find a clutch that wont screw up if you get it smokin hot and wet in a mud hole.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Beginning Member
BEAT MY JIMMY is an unknown quantity at this point

Well that just sucks! I really don't want to put in an automatic, I have one in my parts truck, but I like my 5 speed manual. Any opinions on which is better for off-roading? Ive only had sticks in both my trucks so I have nothing to compare to. Some good, honest feedback would be appreciated, preferably from someone who has had both. Thanks.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:57 PM
99blaz is on a distinguished road

I think standard is better, you kinda have more control, for like crawling and stuff. But it really boils down to a persons own preference.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

I know plenty of people who run manuals in the mud and dont seem to have alot of problems. I would just look into getting a heavy duty clutch and flywheel this time.

Im guessing that you have an s10 blazer instead of a full size but here is what summit racing offers. Both the Hays and the Centerforce both say good for 4wd vehicles and the Hays says specifically for offroading.
http://www.summitracing.com/search/y...s/?Ns=Rank|Asc

Old 04-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure how a manual would have more control when crawling.

I have driven both offroad and I definitely like an auto better.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:24 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

I'm not an expert at it but I would assume automatic would be easier and probably more fun.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

I have never done alot of crawling so i cant really comment, but I have driven both types of tranny's in the mud in various vehicles and I have always liked manuals. I just feel like I have alot better control of the vehicle as far as being able to stay in one gear if I want to and if I feel like I need to drop or raise a gear its much easier than depending on the auto to kick down or having to slow down and wait for it to drop back down. Plus if your getting stuck and trying to rock back and forth out of it, its alot easier on the tranny to switch between 1st and reverse than to throw an automatic back and forth quickly.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:00 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BEAT MY JIMMY
Well that just sucks! I really don't want to put in an automatic, I have one in my parts truck, but I like my 5 speed manual. Any opinions on which is better for off-roading? Ive only had sticks in both my trucks so I have nothing to compare to. Some good, honest feedback would be appreciated, preferably from someone who has had both. Thanks.
Did you get the pm I sent you? My friend has a flywheel that would work for you probably won't cost too much to get it from him plus you pay shipping.

Quick Reply: Off-Road Parts