General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

OK this is amusing LOL do u have a pet name for ur ride?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 03:46 AM
Starting Member
Melrock83 is on a distinguished road
Talking OK this is amusing LOL do u have a pet name for ur ride?

I have noticed lately, not just on here but else where as well, that most people refer to their Blazers (or ride in general) as FEMALES!! And I know which ones really care about their vehicle because they r the ones who give their vehicle a proper NAME ROFL My philosophy on naming ur ride, is that EVERYONE SHOULD DO IT. I figure if something is gonna have to sniff my butt all the time, I should at least respect it enough to give it a pet name LOL So my Blazers name is "The Bytchn Beast"....do u refer to ur blazer/vehicle as a female and do u have a pet name for it? Im really curious to see what kind of names people come up with

Old 03-16-2012, 04:12 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Given your allegory... I can understand why you'd go male.

I tried for several names but the one that sticks and I think works best is (the) 'Bravadiva'.

And all the cars I like do acquire feminine personna. I find that if you appreciate your car... note I did not say pamper - Some like it rough.. APPRECIATE what she does for you. Then they do their best not to let you down.

Back to your hint at 'a certain tingle'...This is my favorite AND best car I ever owned:

Although I'm still breaking in my current 'Silver Queen':

From the problems she gives me.. I believe she was kind of pampered, they kept her looks up but ... emotionally abused by not being appreciated. And at 200,000 miles that's not easy to overcome.

Last edited by pettyfog; 03-16-2012 at 04:30 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:23 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

98 Blazer, Red sox fan,, GREENMONSTER

Old 03-16-2012, 05:52 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

I call mine Blazewhore. Sometimes it just takes all my money. lol

Old 03-16-2012, 09:22 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Ours is affectionately called .... THE SACRIFICIAL ANODE.

It's sent out in the corrosive salt bath of our northeastern winter commute, so that our '86 Grand Marquis will live forever.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Starting Member
Melrock83 is on a distinguished road

LOVE IT ROFL and mine earned her name cause the first trip to town after I got her I look down cause I dropped my lighter and I look up and Im in a cornfield..I called her a BYTCH all the way thru and out the other side...I told her she is required to clear that crap with me cause that crap requires a mutual agreement LOL so the next trip to town (literally) I was comin home and thought if she can do it to me, I can do it to her and took off thru the cornfield on the opposite side of the road frm the one I was suprized with LOL and she came out ONCE again thru the mud and all like a BEASTso it was then she acquired her name "The Bytchn Beast" We make a good pair LMAO AND BLAZWHORE....FREAKIN AWESOME ROFL

Old 03-16-2012, 05:57 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

an forum member named mine and i kept it that way

they call mine the baby semi and you can see why =P

Old 03-16-2012, 06:16 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

my blazer is "warthog" and my mustang is "mongoose"
i am a bit of a halo fan

Old 03-16-2012, 06:40 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

My 86 Astro had a litany of names: Scooter, The Great Pumpkin, God-mobile, etc. It was bright orange and any name was fitting for it.

00 Regal was Victoria (Wife named her) but we never put her custom badge on before selling.

Neither my Blazer nor the new Regal has a name.

Brother's 82 S10 is Cherrie Darling.

My 87 S10 was Fresh10 before moving on. Might transfer that to the new one.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

I haven't really named a vehicle since the mid-80's, usually just use "The ______"
The Blazer works fine as long as we have only one. Wife calls her minivan "Jade" tho.

I consider most vehicles to be female - they're expensive, complicated, as time goes on it costs more to get less out of them (but used is a much better choice), some of the best looking ones are rotten underneath (and vice-versa), the more experience you have the easier they are to handle, one little mistake will cost you for a long time, not having one sucks, etc

Quick Reply: OK this is amusing LOL do u have a pet name for ur ride?