General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

ordered an intake!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 11:14 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default ordered an intake!!!!!

I decided to order a cold-air intake off of ebay tonight. I can't wait to get it in the mail so I can show it off.

eBay Intake

*EDIT by swartlkk* - fixed long link

Old 05-14-2007, 11:22 PM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: ordered an intake!!!!!

Looks awesome. Can't wait.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:25 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure that you fab up a heat sheild for around that filter or all you'll be getting is a wooshing sound. LOL

Old 05-15-2007, 12:32 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Oh yeah, huh. That would be a good thing. I checked ebay and found a polished stainless steel universal intake heat shield I'm gonna get. I think that would look sick with the chrome intake. Thanks for mentioning that swartlkk.

Old 05-15-2007, 04:55 PM
Starting Member
viper4559 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you post the link to the heat shield please?

Old 05-15-2007, 09:04 PM

Sure. No prob. Here it is.

eBay Intake Heat Shield

*EDIT by swartlkk* - fixed long link

Old 05-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Starting Member

Out of curiousity that heat shield really doesn't look like it would help all too much, would there be a big difference (not in HP or anything just in temp of air) that is taken in from a box only open in the front compared to the heat shield posted here?

Old 05-16-2007, 07:19 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah... You really need to isolate the filter from the engine bay air and feed it with outside air.

Old 05-16-2007, 11:06 AM
Starting Member

Swart do you know of anyone that sells just the shield to do that? I don't want to drop 250+ for a Brand Name CAI when I can get one like davtak from ebay, but I don't want it unshielded either.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Build it yourself. You can get some sheetmetal and bend it yourself. First make a cardboard template of the general shape you will use (mounting tabs and all). Try to get the contours of the underside of the hood in it as well or simply build a top for it.Use some door weather stripping (tractor supply store) to seal off the edges around where the pipe goes through the sheetmetal as well as where the sheet metal gets close to the hood (if you go that route) and you're good to go. You just need to isolate the filter both from radiant heat from the engine/radiator and from the increased ambient air temps in the engine bay.

Quick Reply: ordered an intake!!!!!