General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

P0446 code 02 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2024, 05:08 PM
IronDuece is on a distinguished road
Default P0446 code 02 Blazer

This is one end of the woven wire. Right where it's circled you can see a set of wires attached to the frame by a bolt. The woven wire is also on there.

This is the other end of the woven wire. This would be where you put gas in but under the vehicle or behind where you pump gas however you want to describe it.

This is a better look of where the wire is going.

To the left is the vent valve and you can see the connector plugged in. Those wires seem to be either spliced in or just jumbled in with the second set of wires to the right making a Y
I've got an 02 Blazer 4.3l vortec V6. My engine code is p0446. I've replaced the canister vent valve solenoid but that didn't fix the problem. There is this woven metal wire running from part of the frame up to a metal plate connected to the spot that you pump gas. I tried to upload any pictures that would help. Now, I haven't replaced that woven wire yet so I'm hoping that will fix it but I suspect I won't be so lucky. Another possibility is that it's the fuel pressure sensor which my code reader said that could be it as well. I'm hoping it's not because I just replaced the whole fuel pump myself and it felt like I did a good job splicing the wires. I'm really hoping I did at least because I don't have a lift so I'm gonna have to drop the tank and what not while on the ground with only jacks to lift the truck up. If anyone has any info/advice/answers/experience anything, please help me. I'm broke as f**k, I don't have the luxury of bringing into the shop. Thanks in advance and I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Old 05-06-2024, 07:20 PM
rockp2 will become famous soon enough

The woven ground wire you're looking at does not ground the EVAP Cannister Vent Solenoid. The ground is controlled by the ECM on that white wire at certain times while you are driving to block fresh air from going into the cannister to create a vacuum to test the system to insure it holds vacuum.

The wires at the connector look correct, just old. You stated you replaced the cannister vent valve solenoid, but that is what's in the picture. Is that what you replaced?

Things like a gas cap not sealing the filler tube, or any other leaks in the EVAP system can cause the code, a vapor cannister that needs replacing can also cause the cold.

Do you have a capable bi-directional scan tool or dongle that connects to your phone that allows you to operate the cannister solenoid?

Old 05-07-2024, 02:50 PM
IronDuece is on a distinguished road

The black piece to the left in the picture with the red circle in it is what I replaced. My code reader is unfortunately not that good. But what it does say first when showing me the code is that it's the fuel tank pressure sensor and when I click other fixes it then says the replace the vapor canister vent valve. Here's a picture of what it says for more clarity. Again I did do the wiring myself for the fuel pump replacement, I believe I did it correctly and nicely but I'm also not a professional so i suppose it could be that. But I hope not. Thank you for the help. Any continued assistance is much appreciated.