General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

painting grille bowtie

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 01:16 AM
Beginning Member
offroadwnc is on a distinguished road
Default painting grille bowtie

can anybody tell me real quick how to get the bowtie off the grille without breakin the plastic bar? im gonna paint it up black but i also want something unique. OH! paint the first coat lime green then put a monster sticker in the middle then cover black and pull off the sticker. somebody needs to make that work... way offtopic... so how does that thing come off? lol

Old 07-22-2010, 01:38 AM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

You pull off the grill and theres literally 2 plastic nuts that hold on the bowtie. Pull on them and spinning on them will take them off and the bowtie should push right out.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Beginning Member

alright thanks bud. anybody got ideas?

Old 07-22-2010, 12:59 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

What do you mean by "anybody got ideas?". He explained perfectly how to do it. You have to take the entire grille off to get at the bolts behind the bowtie. Start by taking out your headlights (two plastic clips holding them in on the back) and your corners (snap out). Then your grille pulls right off, and in behind you'll see the bolts on the back of the bowtie. There is no easier way to do it.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:16 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Sisk
What do you mean by "anybody got ideas?". He explained perfectly how to do it. You have to take the entire grille off to get at the bolts behind the bowtie. Start by taking out your headlights (two plastic clips holding them in on the back) and your corners (snap out). Then your grille pulls right off, and in behind you'll see the bolts on the back of the bowtie. There is no easier way to do it.
Sisk.... quit foruming at work.... I think that he was talking about ideas for painting it.... lol

Paint it the same color as your blazer....

Old 07-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Banned
Topsecret66 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
Damn Sisk. How can I drink with someone i'm scared of someday haha!

Old 07-22-2010, 03:07 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

hahaha sorry. I misunderstood his question I guess. Been a long rough day at work...sorry if I came off as a douche.

I say paint it black or body colored like Will said.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Banned
Topsecret66 is on a distinguished road

LOL.

Gonna agree with sisk. Those colors sound good in my books.

Reminds me to call a body shop, buy a angle grinder

Old 07-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Beginning Member

oh no dude its cool lol i should have made that more clear. You actually dont have to take off the headlights tho. i just got under it and undid the middle 6 clips and then if you just pull real slow from behind the signals them last 2 will pop right out. I was gonna put something blue in there to match my air force tag but that would be too hard i guess ill just go black and then some clear coat. Im gonna order some clear corner lights while i got it off cuz that orange just dont work . Thanks guys

Old 07-22-2010, 03:49 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

DO NOT DO MONSTER GRAPHICS...

That logo is more overplayed than Re-runs of Friends

Do this:

Last edited by oktain; 07-22-2010 at 03:51 PM.

Quick Reply: painting grille bowtie