General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Painting tow hooks

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 05:57 PM
dimmuborgir6nik6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Painting tow hooks

Yeah, I was too tired to post multiple quotes in 1 post so I just did that.

And igot10pinitis, nobody forced you to click or read the thread, so if you don't want to know about it, don't click on it. Don't go around bashing people's ideas on the internet. It will never make you look tough.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:03 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I painted mine Chevy Orange.
Makes them easier to find in the mud.

[IMG]local://upfiles/679/9CE0A86C2ADC46C3B35202C4CFD1D508.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-04-2007, 01:20 PM

I was thinking of going somewhere near bright red or orange. I'm painting them now though. I finished putting rust-oleum black primer on last night, and now I'm finishing it off with rust-oleum gloss black. It looks good so far. I didn't feel like putting the time or money into getting them powder coated, but so far they seem to be looking great.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:10 PM
spartan is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine were rusty colored when I got my Blazer, so I wet sanded them then painted them gloss black. They look much better now. I'm thinking about painting the skidplate too.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:25 PM

I just painted them gloss black and they look great. I didn't have to sand them because they were in good condition, just a bad color. After installing my push bar you could really notice the color to them. I was thinking of painting the skid plate chrome, but I don't have a lift so you can't even see it in the first place. Haha.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Starting Member
cr1msonmyst is an unknown quantity at this point

What, no lift yet? lol I'm sure you will someday, so why not paint it chrome now! lol

I was thinking about finding some tow hooks from a junkyard (my blazer doesn't have any) anyway since reading this thread I thought... hmm If i do get tow hooks maybe i should paint mine too. So my question is if you had a dark metallic blue blazer what color would you paint the tow hooks (blue to match, black cause it's stock, or some other color)

Old 12-05-2007, 09:22 PM

I'm not even sure how much a lift would cost on a blazer, or if it would even be worth it since I'm saving up for another truck.
I think on a dark metallic blue Blazer, dark metallic blue would be an awesome color. I just installed my hooks today after painting them and next to the push bar they look really good. I was gonna match my hooks with my green, but I figured it might look kinda weird..
But yeah, towing hooks can come in really handy. And without them, the bumper looked kinda lonely.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:53 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Just be careful you bend them.

[IMG]local://upfiles/679/E238F7DEA3904A7A8C695203AFF41170.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-06-2007, 12:10 AM

Damn, are those twisting?

Old 12-06-2007, 08:23 AM
Starting Member
cr1msonmyst is an unknown quantity at this point

Ouch, what were you pulling when you did that? lol