General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Part support. 2000 blazer zr2

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 02:14 PM
Richard Pinz is on a distinguished road
Default Part support. 2000 blazer zr2

I can not find front parking brake cable for the 2000 blazer zr2. It is in fact different than non zr2. I know. Wasted time buying one from orielys . Help
local gm dealer cant even get

Last edited by Richard Pinz; 05-08-2020 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:21 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

What the heck are you driving that has parking brakes up front??? I know you posted a 00 ZR2, but there is no way it has parking brakes up front. Not to say that no vehicle has ever had parking brakes up front, but I have seen, let alone heard of one. Pull one of your front tires off and take a pic. That will tell me if you have parking brakes up front.

In the back, yes. In the front, no.

Old 05-09-2020, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by AJBert
What the heck are you driving that has parking brakes up front??? I know you posted a 00 ZR2, but there is no way it has parking brakes up front. Not to say that no vehicle has ever had parking brakes up front, but I have seen, let alone heard of one. Pull one of your front tires off and take a pic. That will tell me if you have parking brakes up front.

The emergency brakes in rear yes. It's the front cable out of foot peddle I need

Old 05-09-2020, 02:11 AM
Default Zr2 parking brake

Originally Posted by AJBert

Oh you misunderstood. Of course parking brake assemblies at rear tires. It's the front CABLE from the foot pedal I need

Old 05-09-2020, 10:36 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

You may wind up having to get it from a Chevy dealer.

Old 05-09-2020, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by rriddle3
You may wind up having to get it from a Chevy dealer.
Dealer they cant get. Tasco cant. So I cross reference part numbers . Nope. So using the one I got. I'll have to open grommet hole with a step bit and relax both parking brakes at rear tires to get in.