General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

The parts (and mods) are coming!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 06:36 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future
Default The parts (and mods) are coming!

Well I finally got the opportunity to order some stuff for my truck after many months of doing nothing to it, not even taking it in the mud.
I picked up a new front hub last night, as well as a hood bracket washer (major clunk in my front end was caused by this). I can't believe this tiny little washer that will fit on the tip of my finger would cause such a big clunk..and that it cost $5 lol. I'll post a pic of it up after.
I'm going either tonight or tomorrow to pick up a can of VHT to black out my tails and my front turn signals. Not sure if I'm going to do the fogs or not...what are everyone's thoughts?
I ordered all new lights (blue LED's) for the interior yesterday with the help of oktain (thanks Pat!). All my gauges, HVAC and other controls are going to be blue in a week or two (whenever I receive the LED's). Can't wait!!
I'm debating whether or not to get some offroad roof lights. I'm going to take a look around online today and on the weekend to see if I find anything I like.

The wheelbearing/hub should be going in this weekend (Sunday hopefully) and I plan on taking her out mudding sometime there after. I'd been holding off on getting her muddy again just because I didn't want to break anything further then it already was.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:49 AM
Starting Member
AllEiz0nMe is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a fun weekend you have planned! The hub bearing went on ours about a month ago and it was a pita to do. Of course rather than spend the 500 dollars at the shop hubby did it himself but ours was waaaaaaay bad. Hub actually froze itself to the bearings and had to be cut off. Whole new spindle for the one side. Then the other side started to go so we replaced that too...Good luck with it! The fog lights...I'd do them black too if it was my truck just so everything was matching but it's your own personal preference really.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:27 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Thanks Kim!
My hub shouldn't be too bad. It's only 3 bolts and it slides out and the old one slides in. Bolt it back up and it's done. I don't see it taking more then an hour or so (now that I say that though something will go wrong lol!). I'm lucky my hub wasn't that expensive. I only paid $120 for it. It pays to know someone at the dealership as I get cost on all parts, and free labour

Old 09-18-2009, 07:27 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I'd leave them unpainted, and see if you can get an HID kit to fit ! lol I'd like to go HID next summer at least on the low beams.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:42 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by oktain
I'd leave them unpainted, and see if you can get an HID kit to fit ! lol I'd like to go HID next summer at least on the low beams.
Hmm....I like your thinking. HID's would be nice..
I'm looking at CAI's now too. Might think about getting one of those..

Last edited by Sisk; 09-18-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:56 PM
BF Veteran

Well I hit a snag with blacking out my lights this weekend. Apparently it's illegal in NS to have them (which I already knew) but I didn't put two and two together that because it was illegal no place around here would carry it (I know, stupid mistake lol). So I'm going to have to order a can online. I will have them done, but probably not for another week or two (however long it takes to get here).
Now all I get to do tomorrow is replace my hub..which is not very exciting. I do plan on getting the truck muddy again very soon though.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:44 AM
BF Veteran

Well I went out muddin' yesterday (pics are in my garage album). Nothing too crazy. I wanted to get it done before I get my new hub put in to put the wear and tear on the old part, not the new one.
I ordered a CAI today. I'm very excited..can't wait for it to get here. i'm pretty sure I've settled on a Thrust Glasspack exhaust too once my intake is installed. Anyone have any thoughts on the thrusts?

Old 09-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Beginning Member
99midnightLT is an unknown quantity at this point

I love my roof lights. I just drilled right through the cargo rack.

I like dynomax or flowtech afterburners for mufflers on the 4.3, but I prefer quieter/more mild exhausts and hate the 4.3's drone with flowmasters.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:30 PM
BF Veteran

That's what I was planning on doing with my roof lights too whenever I get them. Might shoot for getting them sometime over the winter.
The only reason I was going with a glasspack was price. They're pretty cheap. I do love the sound of the flowmasters on the 4.3 though.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:45 PM
BF Veteran

I just got my LED's for the gauges in the mail tonight. I'll work on putting them in tomorrow. I'm probably going to make an official build thread tomorrow too, since I forgot about that board..lol.
I'll be sure to post up pics of my intake (now installed) and my gauges when they're done.

Quick Reply: The parts (and mods) are coming!