General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

PARTS NIGHTMARE

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 06:28 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PARTS NIGHTMARE

It is going on 3 weeks that my truck isripped apart with no wheels and still no BODYLIFT! I have had nothing but troubles with the wrong kit sent from P.A. and people selling wheels and not knowing what lug pattern they are. The way its looking I am going to have to stay with stock wheels and continue to wait on P.A. to send me the right kit. Does anyone think that I am going to have rubbing issues on the frame now that I am keeping stock backspacing?

Old 02-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: PARTS NIGHTMARE

I think keeping the stock backspacing is better

Im almost positive if you go with 4" BS you might have rubbing issues on the fender

Old 02-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Beginning Member
Yamitude is an unknown quantity at this point

You will only rub at full lock, at least that is when i rub the frame with my 31 in tires.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:23 PM

I have seenso many guys do the same thing that I am doing and they are running 33's with some trimming. I figured that if they can run 33x12.5s with trimming, then I should be able to run 31x10.5s with no problems.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:38 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Even the ZR2's have to do a fair amount of trimming for 33" tires...

You can get 33x9.5" tires from BFG, if I remember right...

They'll rub on the frame with the stock rims, you'll need to space them out a bit.

31s will be a lot easier... You might have to do some slight trimming... But shouldn't do too bad, the body lift should clear that up... You MIGHT need a slight t-bar crank, but nothing extreme...

The 31x10.5s should be good to run on the stock wheels.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:44 PM

If you look at my signature, I am already planning on cranking them. I made shackles to bring the a$$ end up to even it out. (thanks to Blazin_Jason for his help with the specs)

Old 03-06-2008, 08:50 PM

So I don't mean to double post, but I needed to update. I just recieved the shackles from blazin_jason, and that was the final piece to the puzzle that is known as my blazer. It will be all put on and finished tommorrow. FINALY!

Old 03-06-2008, 09:01 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

That's awesome, hope to see pics of the blaze after its back together!!

Old 03-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

ORIGINAL: willjones

So I don't mean to double post, but I needed to update. I just recieved the shackles from blazin_jason, and that was the final piece to the puzzle that is known as my blazer. It will be all put on and finished tommorrow. FINALY!
No way you got them already? I've been tracking the package and its such crappy tracking that it still only shows that its been accepted at my local post office. I literally like 2 mins before I read this was asking my buddy who works there to see if he can make sure it's not been stuck, and still on the way to you.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:57 PM
navyblue_sk8er is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice, you've done your bodylift after mine and now your going to be done before me. My truck has been a nightmare so far also. Still waiting on an aliagnment, maybe I'll post my huge nightmare story as well. Can't wait to see the pics.

Quick Reply: PARTS NIGHTMARE