General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

A personal reflection (whats love got to do with it)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 03:32 AM
Starting Member
Cidium is on a distinguished road
Default A personal reflection (whats love got to do with it)

With recent gas prices on the rise, justifying the ownership of a gas sucking beast becomes a matter of outright and unabandoned love. After doing my casual search of low priced cars in my local craigs list one thing became very clear, more and more gen one blazers are up forsale. As I sit here reflecting back on all the work I have done to mine, time and money, becomes a marker of my love for this truck. There’s no way, that the market will ever return my money investment in this truck, but we never enter into these projects solely hoping to reclaim an investment. You might feel the same way with your truck, it’s more a venture of personal choice to undertake a restoration project. I am not going to try to sugar coat my situation with grand ideas, could have been or should have been, going into this project meant going deep into my wallet. The only thing I didn’t see when I purchased this truck was the one thing our society depends on, feeds on, oil becoming a choice to buy, a choice over the necessities of life. With the writing on the wall it might be a good time for me to get out before the OPEC gene sings the final note on this love song.