General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Plasti Dip rims and logo

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 09:49 AM
Starting Member
mattjphoto is on a distinguished road
Default Plasti Dip rims and logo

I think it turned out nicely. What do you guys think? [IMG]Untitled by mattjphoto, on Flickr[/IMG]

Attached Thumbnails Plasti Dip rims and logo-14123215794_2e6b31a4eb_c.jpg  

Last edited by mattjphoto; 05-06-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Beginning Member
Nyccooldude is on a distinguished road

Looks good

Old 05-06-2014, 07:17 PM
05canjimmy is on a distinguished road

yeah looks great hopping to do the same with mine soon. my only concern is how durable they will be in the bush/mud

Old 05-06-2014, 08:31 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Looks good, I am going to be doing that to mine soon. Did you take them off or leave them on?

Old 05-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Starting Member
mattjphoto is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys. I bet it would be fine in mud but w/ sticks and rocks hitting it would most likely scratch and tear.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:07 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

ANSWER ME *grabs desk and shakes it violently* LOL

Old 06-15-2014, 09:55 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by richphotos
bahahah

Old 06-15-2014, 10:35 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richphotos
I did the Wife's rims on her Focus. I took them off because it was the first time using Plastidip and I felt it would reduce runs as opposed to leaving them upright. If you leave them on, cover your calipers and rotors.

If anyone's not familiar with the application, make sure the wheels are super clean and *dry*. My technique was as follows:
First coat of Plastidip is just a quick tack coat, from about 4-6" away from the surface, should get about 25% coverage. Repeat for second coat. Third and remaining coats should be a little closer and slower. You want the finish to look slick (no orange peel) on each coat, without making the Plastidip run. 1 can per wheel will ensure durability and peelability down the road.

Old 06-15-2014, 11:43 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
I did the Wife's rims on her Focus. I took them off because it was the first time using Plastidip and I felt it would reduce runs as opposed to leaving them upright. If you leave them on, cover your calipers and rotors.

If anyone's not familiar with the application, make sure the wheels are super clean and *dry*. My technique was as follows:
First coat of Plastidip is just a quick tack coat, from about 4-6" away from the surface, should get about 25% coverage. Repeat for second coat. Third and remaining coats should be a little closer and slower. You want the finish to look slick (no orange peel) on each coat, without making the Plastidip run. 1 can per wheel will ensure durability and peelability down the road.
Thanks, I think I will get the 6 pack off amazon next check, 1 can per wheel, and the other 2 cans for whatever else

Old 06-23-2014, 04:23 AM
truc.karl is on a distinguished road

How about using adhesion promoter before applying the plastidip on wheels?

Quick Reply: Plasti Dip rims and logo