General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

please help me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 02:35 AM
slcpusher is on a distinguished road
Default please help me!!!

CURRENTLY I AM CONTeMPLATING ON PARTING OUT MY 99 CHEVY S-10 BLAZER LT WITH 4.3 V6. I recently discovered that it was sold to me with a blown headgasket. Yes they put that gasket sealer stuff in there and sold it to me AS IS. Well i did a couple of good power flushes cause the coolant was rusty color and i replaced 3 thermostats they where gummed up. When i was going to take it to the shop.I guess i finally pushed all the sealer out. The HEAd gasket blew. I paid to get it replaced but when they put it back together the motor would turn but it hAd no compression at all. 1 thought it was out off timing. NO it was even getting any oil pumping . it would turn but nothing. Price qoute $2900.00. just alittle history.
Its a good blazer in great shape. the glass and the doors to the dash and the transmission had no slipping. The 4 wheel drive works i just serviced it 2 months ago.
So my question is how does one part out a trk. with people from other areas.
what are the common practices. I have never done this before. thx for the feed back
Trk is located in Salt lake city,ut.

Last edited by slcpusher; 01-05-2010 at 05:00 AM. Reason: closing
Old 12-16-2009, 05:35 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

First off you posted this in the wrong section. Second, you can make a thread in the for sale section stating you are parting out your truck. Big items like seats, fenders, hood and ect I would make those local pick up only. Other items that can fit in boxes, I would just check with USPS about their flat rate boxes. That way you don't have to guess how much it would cost to ship an item. Oh and for payments, open an paypal account. Don't accept checks or money orders from people. Many people have been scammed by those items. (Not on this site tho)

Last edited by nj4x4blaze; 12-16-2009 at 05:38 AM.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:26 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nj4x4blaze
Second, you can make a thread in the for sale section stating you are parting out your truck.
Can't do that until he has been here for 15 days and has 10 or more posts.

*Moved to General Chat* - Really doesn't fit into the Engine & Transmission Tech section.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:41 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

x2 on the paypal account. It's the safest and best way to recieve payments from people.
A good idea is to post up an ad online somewhere like CraigsList stating you're wanting to part out. That will cover local interest in the truck.
For stuff that can be shipped, follow what Dave suggested. Look into flat rate boxes and some up with prices for all the parts your selling.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:12 AM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

and be sure to HAVE pics of what you're trying to sell... there's nothing like looking at a plazer in parts ..ordering it not knowing what shape its in and being dissapointed and just scrapping it any ways.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:48 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sisk
A good idea is to post up an ad online somewhere like CraigsList stating you're wanting to part out. That will cover local interest in the truck.
you could also try posting stuff on Kijiji. personally, i think their site works better than Craigslist.

i like Kijiji more because you can email the seller a question right from the listing page, no opening your Outlook to send a question. it's quicker & easier, IMO.

and make sure you include pic's in any ads. i can't tell you how annoying it is to inquire about a listing, only to have a, "sorry, i don't have any pic's @ this time" reply.

you can also think about selling the parts already removed, or let them come & remove it themselves. the latter way is kinda tricky. you have to have the time to sit & watch the people remove stuff-making sure they know the "you break it, you bought it regardless" rule.

just some suggestions. good luck with the parting out.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:33 AM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems a shame to part out that nice a Blazer. I'd go and get a JY engine and drop that in and keep driving it. You can buy engines off of ebay for less than a grand. Unless its been wrecked don't give up on it.

And I'd go and get some more estimates. And personally for me that wouldn't be that hard of a repair.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:45 AM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

i've seen engines my way for..300, and 400$s with like..100K on them..its a crying shame..but..better to be salvaged than tossed in the junk heap with the rest of the truck i suppose..

Old 12-17-2009, 07:46 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
you could also try posting stuff on Kijiji. personally, i think their site works better than Craigslist.

i like Kijiji more because you can email the seller a question right from the listing page, no opening your Outlook to send a question. it's quicker & easier, IMO.

and make sure you include pic's in any ads. i can't tell you how annoying it is to inquire about a listing, only to have a, "sorry, i don't have any pic's @ this time" reply.

you can also think about selling the parts already removed, or let them come & remove it themselves. the latter way is kinda tricky. you have to have the time to sit & watch the people remove stuff-making sure they know the "you break it, you bought it regardless" rule.

just some suggestions. good luck with the parting out.
I agree. Kijiji is a much better site then Craigslist and it's definitely THE best classifieds site out there IMO. Kijiji seems to be really big in Canada though and not as widely used in the US. You don't see it nearly as much down in the US compared to craigslist.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:03 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sisk
I agree. Kijiji is a much better site then Craigslist and it's definitely THE best classifieds site out there IMO. Kijiji seems to be really big in Canada though and not as widely used in the US. You don't see it nearly as much down in the US compared to craigslist.

yeah, i noticed. but for s**ts 'n giggles, i check Kijiji.com (.ca is used up here in Canada, for those that didn't know), and he has a local chapter right in Salt Lake City. bonus for him!

and MB84, if you ever come across an engine for $300-why does everybody put the dollar sign after the value?-then grab me one when you're coming home, 'cause you're looking @ 700 to 1000 for a prime one up here. having under 150 kilometers is like stricking gold-and costs as much!

Quick Reply: please help me!!!