General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Pondering on wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Starting Member
Private_Ops is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pondering on wheels

Just pondering, not looking at buying yet or anything.

I've got a gold 01 Blazer

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1..._666/00001.jpg
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1..._666/00002.jpg

I'm not made of money so trying to keep it cheap but, not skip on quality.

I've found and seen pics of these two on Blazers and they don't look to bad.

http://www.jegs.com/p/American+Racin...10002/-1/36656
http://www.jegs.com/p/American+Racin...10002/-1/36656

I'm just lookin for a second opinion but, like I said, not buying yet (gonna try though).

I've got stock 31x10.5's on the 15x7 (I think) rims, no suspension or body lift.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:50 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Pondering on wheels

skip the second rim their too common.I`m gonna email you sumthing..

Old 02-22-2008, 11:11 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

The first ones will stick out.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Starting Member

You talkin appearence wise?

They'd look better than stock.... anything would look better than stock.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:33 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah the would stick out past the fenders and look like rubbish.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:36 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Both are ugly as sin!! But hey thats my opinion, there are much better rims out there at a decent price!!! Tell you what my buddy is opening his own rim and tire shop and beats everyone's prices and yes I will be upgrading mine soon through him I will get his business number and post it up for you to be able to get a great deal!! Also shipping and handling won't be a problem cause he gets the hook up on it!!

Old 02-22-2008, 11:37 PM
Starting Member

They got ones with a 5.375" backspacing.

Isn't the stock backspacing 6?

I can't imagine that looking to bad.

EDIT: I'm not buying right away but, I suppose that'll be nice info to have. Honestly I don't know if I'm going to replace them. It'd be hard for my to save up 500 or 600 since I don't have a job yet.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:54 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Out of the 2 choices you gave I would go with the first ones. The second ones will make the truck really dated fast, as those used to come standard on 1st gen blazers.

Personally I like these, They are American Racing Chamber with TeflonĀ® (Series 3985) 1-piece painted alloy wheel (15x8 -19offset 3 3/4backspacing 5-4 1/2 boltpatten) They also come in chrome and machined alloy

OR

Nitro (Chrome) (Series 647) 1-piece alloy, chrome plated wheel (15x8 -19offset 3 3/4backspacing 5-4 1/2 boltpatten) These are popular around my area for replacing suburban/tahoe tires, I have also seen them on a blazer and they look real good.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Private_Ops

They got ones with a 5.375" backspacing.

Isn't the stock backspacing 6?

I can't imagine that looking to bad.

EDIT: I'm not buying right away but, I suppose that'll be nice info to have. Honestly I don't know if I'm going to replace them. It'd be hard for my to save up 500 or 600 since I don't have a job yet.

5.375 means it would probably stick out just a tad. But dude those rims are butt ugly

Old 02-23-2008, 05:15 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: thegr81

Both are ugly as sin!! But hey thats my opinion, there are much better rims out there at a decent price!!! Tell you what my buddy is opening his own rim and tire shop and beats everyone's prices and yes I will be upgrading mine soon through him I will get his business number and post it up for you to be able to get a great deal!! Also shipping and handling won't be a problem cause he gets the hook up on it!!

I'm going to have to talk to y'all when I can afford it

Quick Reply: Pondering on wheels