General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

possi rear end???

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 06:49 AM
2drblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default possi rear end???

does anyone else have possi rear end in there blazer?
i just found out mines a possi and how much of a diff is it?

i have a 99 2dr blazer automatic tranny

Old 05-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: possi rear end???

Have a look in your glove box for the RPO code label. G80 is the code for the factory installed Gov-Loc differential. If you have it, run a search for G80 and you should find plenty of threads discussing the pros/cons of this diff.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:19 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

If you're not sure of the uses and abilities of the G80....I strongly reccomend you pull it out, and give it to me. I'll send you a perfectly good open rear end

please?

Old 05-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Starting Member
95Blzr is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive got one g80 and went in the sand to make sure it works. Step on throttle sure enough 2 lines. I was a little worried at first about hearing how people blow them out at low mileage. I have 104K and its still going strong although I have leak which im planning to fix. Anyone know the bolt thread,pitch,size for the diff cover bolts?

Old 05-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Starting Member
Yooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmmmmm. . . .Never even thought of this. Wait let me check. Yup, G80. See you learn something new everyday. Well, I for one think it is awesome that my Blazer has Posi loc. I will search for those threads and see what others think. Swartlkk, do you have a list identifying all of the codes.I would just like to satisfy my curiosty. Maybe I will learn about other things that my Blazer has that I never knew about.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:48 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Anyone wanna sell their G80?

And 95Blzr you can just get a cover at the dealer for something like $12-15. No seaching/specs involved. Just tell 'em your VIN.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Have a search for 'RPO code listing' or a variation of that search term. There are quite a few utilities that are available on a few other sites, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:54 AM
Starting Member
Yooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I ran a search and came up with a bunch. Sorry, should have done that before I asked

Old 05-30-2008, 02:10 PM
Starting Member
95Blzr is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

Anyone wanna sell their G80?

And 95Blzr you can just get a cover at the dealer for something like $12-15. No seaching/specs involved. Just tell 'em your VIN.
I got the cover already(painted and clearcoated ) need the bolts because mine are rusted to hell. Just dont know the size.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:14 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Have a search for 'RPO code listing' or a variation of that search term. There are quite a few utilities that are available on a few other sites, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.
www.s10forum.com/rpo