General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

possibility.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 09:12 PM
matt92 is on a distinguished road
Default possibility.

i know i posted this ad a while ago for this blazer, but she emailed me saying she got another car and will now sell this for $1,200.

1997 Chevy Blazer 4dr 4wd

yay or nay? she did say there was a small oil leak a while back but she said she added oil every couple of months. what do you guys think i should do in my situation, having not much money. but i CAN afford this.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:35 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

it looks like it has potential...i would have a mech look at it of course...owning it for a year could be a flag..thats just me.
and i guess if you are mechanically inclined there is almost no hill you cant get over.

good luck either way.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:39 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

it looks like a great truck but get it checked by a mechanic

Old 07-27-2011, 01:12 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

If it runs good,shifts good,and you have somewhat of a mechanical brain and a cheap junk yard near by,get it for 1200 bucks.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:24 AM
hypertek is on a distinguished road

if your mechanically cline, i say no car is a problem, you know what to expect with such an old car.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:05 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't pay more than $1000 for that. Contrary to x's opinion, it sounds like a basket case. The A/C work alone could cost you plenty if you desire to have functional A/C.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:47 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

My honest opinion? Stay patient. If you can't afford anything else then save up. If you can't do the AC work yourself it could cost close to how much you paid for the truck. She had to add oil every few months? Well if it's not leaking it means it's burning it. I know you're eager to get back into a Blazer but if I were in your shoes, I'd want a bit of an upgrade from what I had before... Save save save and buy something from this millenium IMO. If you buy this Blazer it's because you're just desparate to get back into one, and from desparation comes bad choices... (This rule applies to women as well)

Old 07-27-2011, 03:55 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by oktain
................and from desparation comes bad choices... (This rule applies to women as well)
AMEN BROTHER!!!!!

Old 07-27-2011, 03:59 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

hey matt see if you can get some pictures on this
*GREAT DEAL* 93 chevolet s10 blazer 4x4

or check it out its worth a shot

Edit: ignore that i forgot you wanted a 2nd gen =(

Last edited by xgiovannix12; 07-27-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:35 PM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

thanks for the input dudes! just thought id throw it up and see what you guys say. I guess ill keep saving and waiting.

Quick Reply: possibility.