General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Power pole fell into the back of my Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 06:33 PM
navyblue_sk8er is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Power pole fell into the back of my Blazer

Well about 8 months ago while I was still in the military at Tyndall AFB, FL (I finished my term and am now back in AZ) I came of the dorms I was in to get in my truck and go get something to eat. And the sight I saw was not very pleasent. What had happen was that the semi-truck in the back ground was drving through the parking lot and the trailer caught the power lines and ripped the pole down onto my blazer and the truck next to me. But damage was not as bad as originally thought. Just busted out the back window, dented the roof, and some scrapes on the hood from where the cable came across. Couldn't get it fixed for like 6 months cause the AF and the semi truck company were fighting about whos at fault. Semi-truck was saying the cable were hung to low. So finally I said screw it and went through my insurance company and had to pay the deductable. But in the end the AF paid me back my deductable. I think it was like $3,000 in damdage. Freakin' Blazer back windows aren't cheap. Just thought I would share and hope none of you have to see your blazer in such a way. I do have to admit it was fun when poeple kept asking me what happened to my back window and I would tell them it was my subs haha.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:35 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Power pole fell into the back of my Blazer

Ouch that looks bad, if it was my blazer the driver in the semi woulda been hurtin!!

Old 01-18-2008, 08:41 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

at least you werent in it at the time.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:26 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

i'd kill him

Old 01-19-2008, 01:23 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Wow, thats crazy, never heard of things like this happening before. But yeah definately whoever was driving the truck/the trucking line should pay for it. Glad you got it all worked out though.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Starting Member
jimbosv650 is an unknown quantity at this point

Holy crap. Was the skateboard ok? lol

Old 01-19-2008, 03:17 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

What is the thing attached to your tailgate that I've outlined in red?

[IMG]local://upfiles/4800/006F33B266274AB3962B83AE61F0FF88.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-19-2008, 03:18 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

It's the latch for the spare-tire swingarm. Looks like he had already taken it off before the pole hit.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:26 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Gary. Things that 4dr guys don't know.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:17 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

wow dang that sux ya if that happend not only would i beat the guys @$$ but i would get as much money from him as i could. hope things work out for u and the blazer and it gets back to normal or better than normal!

Quick Reply: Power pole fell into the back of my Blazer