General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Production Numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Marcintosh is on a distinguished road
Default Production Numbers?

Hello all, nice to be here. Seems to be a lot going on with a group of serious Blazer folk. This is a great find. I'm wishin' that perhaps someone has a simple answer-

Is there any way to find the total number of 1994 K5's with 6.5 Turbo Diesels produced and sold?

I'm running into a serious lack of parts here in the northeast. GM doesn't make the exhaust system anymore, there's no dealer supply of oil line replacements. Now I'm starting to become concerned about other parts that I might need in the future. How few of these were manufactured? 10-20? (sarcasm). I'm starting to bug out about this. So if you have any insight into how to find out I'd appreciate it.
Thanks
M.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

In general, the 6.5L turbo diesel wasn't a very popular selection throughout the fullsize line up.

As far as the exhaust system goes, you are probably better off getting a system made from scratch anyway. With the oil lines, again, you can likely make them up at a farm supply store with a hydraulic line fitting press.