General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Props to the Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 12:44 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough
Default Props to the Blazer

It has been snowing for a couple days here in Western Washington. I had to go out last night during one of the serious flurries. I took the Blazer. With the push-button 4WD I got through it just fine despite all the other people spinning out and ending up in the ditch.

I love that truck.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:50 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

I just took mine up Mt loop highway all the way past pilchuck. didnt get stuck at all, even on the side trails. my friend on the other hand went way up a fire service road in his lifted toyota by himself after i turned around and his tire came off the rim when he went into a ditch. now i get to go rescue his truck tomorrow. if i can make it

but here in Lynnwood Everett area we got quite a bit of snow and the truck does just fine.

Blazers are snow tanks

Old 01-17-2012, 09:26 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

In 16 years of ownership my Blazer has never let me down in the snow, and 97CHERRY you know we are going to want to see pictires of your rescue mission.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

We only got a couple of inches of snow last night and of course everyone was talking about it at work. A guy that sits next to me informed us all of how unnecessary 4WD is, and we live in Iowa. Our winter has been VERY mild and this is the first decent snow the Des Moines area has had. I bit my tongue listening to them talk though. I will be the first to say something when they come in after a huge storm talking about how they got stuck.

On another note, these trucks do very well in the snow. I prefer these in the snow more than I did my 04 Trailblazer.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Starting Member
red06sc is on a distinguished road

i just had my first snow ever in my blazer, 2x4 it wont go anywhere lol. but 4x4 its a beast. I wonder if more weight in the back will help it go more in 2x4?

Old 01-17-2012, 09:58 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

yeah mine tears through the snow. i love waiting until after a storm when the roads are clear of other people and i can have a little fun in the snow.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:04 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Yup, my gf thinks I'm crazy because I LOVE inclement weather & going out in the blazer to pull people out & just being able to drive around. I think it's the part of helping others, not just for them but it feels good to me & yeah, kind of showing off too! lol

Old 01-17-2012, 11:08 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

lol my gf thinks I'm nuts that I want it to snow too. We haven't seen any snow in Pennsylvania yet, other than a fluke halloween snow storm...

Old 01-17-2012, 11:11 PM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

We're ready for a big huge snow storm again tonight. I went out today through the slush and it was invincible. The Blazer is absolutely superb in the snow.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:51 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

We've had unseasonably warm weather. Hell, just last week it was above 0C in Winterpeg many times.
For now that has all changed, yesterday & today were a HIGH of -21C/-6F, lows around -37C/35F with the wind & still cold tomorrow. The weekend calls for -5C/23F or something like that. Totally odd for where I live & the ice under the fresh wind blown snow makes the streets a LOT of fun.
Amen to auto 4WD!
BTW mudder tires are horrible on ice! I knew that though & rely on 4x4, I just hate the torque steer pulling me over a lane under stronger acceleration. I can't wait for some deep snow & the BFG KM's to shovel through.

Last edited by Rottidog; 01-17-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Props to the Blazer