General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Pulling engine from a 98 jimmy

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 10:20 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough
Default Pulling engine from a 98 jimmy

Well today i my neighbor and i just finished pulling the engine out of his 98 jimmy, not too big of a PITA but it was still a PITA lol. Which ever GM engineer decided that the fuel lines needed to be bolted to the back of the engine where you cant get to them needs to be shot.. same with the engineer who made the top two bell housing bolts damn near impossible to get out. you can get to them with an open ended wrench from the top but only get about 1/8th of a turn on a 3 inch bolt.

i got the passenger side one out with the box wrench but it took for ever so i got creative for the other one and put together about 40+ inches of extensions (with a 45 degree swivel on the end) and slid it over the transmission cross bar, past the exhaust pipe and up over the bell housing and i don't even know how but on the first try pushed it right onto the bolt, without being able to see anything (sometimes sh*t works) and for the fuel line bracket we ended up pulling the engine part way out then cutting the bracket.

So now to pick n pull to get a new engine, went there today because long blocks are 80$ right now! but all the ones we could find either had to many miles on them or the body's were straight (so why else would they be there? blown motor or transmission) found a bunch of Astro's and Safari's but fulling an engine out of one of those would be real fun.. . We found a lot of 95 and older blazers, which if im not mistaken as long as we used everything above the block from the 98 and put it on any 4.3 its all the same right..?

couple pics: