General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Question about Blue headlight bulbs..

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 09:13 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about Blue headlight bulbs..

What kind of bulb is this i see in some cars? It looks Blue not a tint of blue, but actual blue.. I can seem to find the bulbs anywhere.. O and their very bright almost blinding ..

Old 01-18-2008, 09:22 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Question about Blue headlight bulbs..

plasmaglow makes good bulbs, they have a few diff. colors, and a 10 year warranty.

http://www.plasmaglow.com/products_bulbs.php

They are bright, i had them in my explorer. haven't gotten around to getting any in the jimmy yet but i will

Old 01-18-2008, 09:26 PM
dhlk is an unknown quantity at this point

those bulbs are HID'S. if they don't come stock it will cost about a $1,000 to convert to them. the bulbs alone are about $140 per bulb. then there is a kit to convert all the wiring.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:36 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Go to ebay they have kits with bulbs for 150 on up they don't cost a 1,000 dollars to convert over to hid's if you got that price then thats someone trying to take advantage of you for your money!!!!!

Old 01-19-2008, 09:36 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

There are a few people on here with hid's in thier blazers. I know drperry and nj4x4blaze have them. They should be able to tell you the best and how to hook them up. There is also a few different posts on the hook-up and tips for hid's. Use the search feature to find them.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Starting Member
jimbosv650 is an unknown quantity at this point

My hid's total cost--$74 shipped with a 14 month warranty. Before that I had Nokya "Arctic White" bulbs. They were actually very close in color to my 8000k hids, just no where near as bright.

There are kits that retail for over a grand. My previous set was aSylvania/Osram Xenarc kit off of an S2000 which I got from a buddy for free. When I shorted out a ballast I priced a new one and it was a couple hundred bucks.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:21 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

like jimsbov, my HIDs were $74 shipped. they have them ranging from 3200k to 15000k and i think i even saw 30,000k before. the higher the number, the bluer they are (although, 30,000k is like an ultraviolet light or a blacklight and it will show up very purple)...

some kits can cost hundreds of dollars but $1000 seems a little high. i have HID bulbs (with a 9006 base)in my stock headlight assembly but using actual HID projectors is where it can get costly at. there are a few people who have HIDs in the eBay projector/halo lenses but HID projectors are much better than halogen projectors. blazin_jason is retrofitting atrue HID setup into his 85 blazer.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

like jimsbov, my HIDs were $74 shipped. they have them ranging from 3200k to 15000k and i think i even saw 30,000k before. the higher the number, the bluer they are (although, 30,000k is like an ultraviolet light or a blacklight and it will show up very purple)...

some kits can cost hundreds of dollars but $1000 seems a little high. i have HID bulbs (with a 9006 base)in my stock headlight assembly but using actual HID projectors is where it can get costly at. there are a few people who have HIDs in the eBay projector/halo lenses but HID projectors are much better than halogen projectors. blazin_jason is retrofitting atrue HID setup into his 85 blazer.
Hells ya I am. If I didn't get stuck late at work on Friday I could have picked up my projectors from the post office. Still need to wait for everything else though. I will be going with 4300k bulbs as I am after the most lighting and performance and not after the looks. Although once I color mod the projectors they should still look blueish, have awesome output, and no glare hopefully.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:10 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

The ONLY way going HID would cost $1000 is if you did a 100% proper HID retrofit with actual HID projectors or housings.

You can do the cheaper method of a plug & play HID kit for less than $200 shipped. It doesn't work as well, and there's some light bleeding... But on most GM headlights, it's not bad enough to get highbeams flashed at you....

Until your rear suspension starts sagging, lol.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: drperry

The ONLY way going HID would cost $1000 is if you did a 100% proper HID retrofit with actual HID projectors or housings.

You can do the cheaper method of a plug & play HID kit for less than $200 shipped. It doesn't work as well, and there's some light bleeding... But on most GM headlights, it's not bad enough to get highbeams flashed at you....

Until your rear suspension starts sagging, lol.
or you go back to the dealer and have them install them, which is really only true for bmw and mercedes(they charge upwards of a $1000 to install them)

Quick Reply: Question about Blue headlight bulbs..