General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Questions about the electronic 4WD

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Lilcheef is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions about the electronic 4WD

Afternoon folks. I have a question about my Blazer. I have a '97 and my front right wheel hums allthe time when the 4WD is NOT engaged. If I push it into 4HI then the hum goes away, almost like the sprocket isn't getting pulled out all the way and the end of it is grinding the gears. This really started about 2 months ago. I was driving down the highway on a roadtrip changing the volume on the radio when I hit a bump and accidently tapped the 4LO button. Well to my understanding 4HI engages first then waits to do anything with 4LO until you go below 5MPH?There started the faint hum, however it wasn't bad. Then it just gets louder and softer randomly now so if anyone has insight I'd appreciate it. Like I also said, in 4HI there are no noises at all.

Also, really random side note... I love the way the stock tailights with the amber turn signal look on overseas blazers, anyone know how I can get ahold of some of those? I have looked allover the internet trying to find them and no luck.

Thank you!
Chris Threlkeld
Lilcheef@gmail.com

Old 07-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Lilcheef is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Questions about the electronic 4WD

No ideas huh? Bummer.

Old 07-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Questions about the electronic 4WD

Wheel bearing? CV joint? Axle bearing?