General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Quick ?

Old 12-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Starting Member
fondo has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default Quick ?

Which way should I rotate my tires?

Old 12-14-2009, 05:57 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

That would depend on whether or not your tires are directional. If they are, then you'll have to go front to back (keeping the same sides). If not, then you should probably go in an criss-cross X pattern (front left becomes rear right, etc).

Old 12-14-2009, 06:00 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

assuming full sized spare on matching rim

Old 12-14-2009, 06:36 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Again, be sure your tires aren't directional before going criss cross.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:39 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

you should just rotate your tires front to back & back to front, not switching sides.

there are alot of people who say you can change the direction of a tires rotation, but i'd have to disagree. i've had tire go from one side to the other, and end up having problems with them (cords failing, trea seperation, etc.)

Old 12-14-2009, 08:48 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Front to back. You should keep a tire going in the same direction throughout it's life. The belt and cords are used to going one way, and you could have possible cord separation, which isn't too good.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:40 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cbr995
Front to back. You should keep a tire going in the same direction throughout it's life. The belt and cords are used to going one way, and you could have possible cord separation, which isn't too good.
gee, that sounds awfully familiar................

Old 12-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Beginning Member
grantd is on a distinguished road

Majority says front to back and I agree sounds logical.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:13 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

then when you rotate your tires, make sure to check your spare for rot and under inflation

Old 12-15-2009, 10:32 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by cbr995

So don't drive in reverse?

I do the forward cross as per the owners manual, but I have A/T, non-direction treads.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Quick ?