General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Rain.... and Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:06 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The_Beast
Did I beat you about how **** you are about your windows?
I'll take a look at that glass cleaner...I might give it a try is I can find it up here. And yeah, that's a little more extreme then my analness about my windows lol. I too windex after washing them. I don't like water spots...especially on my tinted glass.

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
FWIW, water spots from acid rain and mineral etching can be removed by sanding the glass with steel wool. Pull a hose over the top of the car and let it run down the windows and sand away.

It sounds nuts (at least it did when I first heard it) but it works surprisingly well.
And thanks for the tip Matt. That's an interesting idea. I might give it a try on my sunroof. There are a bunch of permanent water spots I haven't been able to get off yet.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Starting Member
blazeitupdrgonzo is on a distinguished road

I use rain x on my blaze and they work awesome, iv had them about a year now

Old 08-20-2009, 04:44 PM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
I'll take a look at that glass cleaner...I might give it a try is I can find it up here. And yeah, that's a little more extreme then my analness about my windows lol. I too windex after washing them. I don't like water spots...especially on my tinted glass.

Wall-mart is where I get mine, you're right on the tinted windows too. Clean glass shows how much you really love your car. Anybody can wash and wax a car but to have spotless glass inside and out is a true car lover.