General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

random

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 12:55 AM
Beginning Member
RnB1987 is on a distinguished road
Cool random

i was just woundering if im the only one that thinks gm should come out with a new k5 that has a removable top like the old ones ,

i heard that ford was gona come out with a bronco again ,so i wounder if that might spark up gm to come out with the k5 again witch i think would be awesome.

any one else think that?

Old 03-06-2010, 01:06 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Ford is not going to reintroduce the Bronco. At least not any time soon according to an article from petersons 4x4. I was tossing the same idea around a few weeks ago not too many people seemed to agree with the idea of a new retromod k5 blazer. Well at least there's two of us that agree it would be great to see a newer version of the original k5 with similar body lines straight axles, newer engine and tranny combo options under the hood. I would love to be the designer of that vehicle.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:22 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

look up this one...

k5 prototype...i think this is what you mean.

http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/...vrolet-k5.html

i agree, not enough hard top 4x4 vehicles out there unless you like jeeps.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:27 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I think these vehicles are dying... damn mpgs!

Old 03-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Can you guys imagine a k5 today with all the electronics required to make a vehicle marketable/pass gov emission standards & safety (hard tops aren't that save without a roll bar)? it wouldn't be the same. the k5 was a simple truck with a long legacy. they weren't sophisticated, they were made for the mud and for the backyard mechanic to work on. it would be like the s10 blazer coming back. it would be like the blazer over seas. its not the same thing. they can call it the same thing but it doesn't resemble anything we all know and love. (no offense to you guys over there), we can all dream about a simple car that has low maintence and fun to drive in, but sadly it isn't gonna bring back the original k5. im not trying to rain on anyones parade, but sometimes you gotta take a step back. if you want a k5, go out and buy one then make it truly yours and do with it what you want.
sorry for the long post, but i wanted to speak my mind.

*that k5 in that link looks like an avalanche IMO

Last edited by Spectreblazer; 03-11-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:15 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

It probably gave birth to the avalanche if you think about it... The avalanche was probably deamed "more practical".

In my mind, a K5 nowadays would be like a 2dr Tahoe with a removable roof...

Old 03-11-2010, 10:44 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

at least chevy should make something in competition with the ford raptor because that is the coolest truck on the road imo

Old 03-11-2010, 10:54 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I remember someone had a link or picture of a custom one. It was blue and a tahoe. 2 door, short wheel base, lowered. Anyone remember what thread that was in?

Old 03-11-2010, 11:06 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

That Raptor is SICK. $$$$$ and I'd hate to put those stainless Fox Shocks to the Road Salt test...

Old 03-12-2010, 12:11 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

coolest truck. ford is doing it right for once

Quick Reply: random