General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Rear Axle of a 98 Lt blazer HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 12:23 PM
chevygurl08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rear Axle of a 98 Lt blazer HELP!!

i recently got into an accident. The other driver hit my passger rear tire and moved my rear axle out of place. i also went over a curb. The rear tire of the driver's side is flat, i think something flew out of the back hatch, but i don't know, my father said some from the interior from the trunk was all the way by the stairs of the building i was near. The passenger side back door is messed up...its closed but the top half is popped out along with the window the top is popped out of the track.

do any of you know how much it will cost to fix?

heres the 2 pictures i have that show the damage:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...60298_7170.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...70674_6583.jpg

Old 04-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Rear Axle of a 98 Lt blazer HELP!!

Wow... that is racked... How did the passenger rear door get like that? That doesn't look like an easy or cheap repair job in the least...

Old 04-03-2008, 12:46 PM

i have no idea how it got like that i think i blacked out or something cause i don't remember anything from the only my friend yellin my name and thats it.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:23 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Sounds accurate...Blazers have terrible crash ratings for side impact because the drivers head hits the window frame.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:44 AM

yea, i must have and not rememebered. that bad part is that my friend was sitting on that side of the car. she hit the window i think. me and both of my friends don't remeber what happened.

Old 04-05-2008, 03:43 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

Well you are obviously going to need a new door and bumper. You might be able to find thes at a junk yard for a little under $500 Its hard to tell from the pics but you might have to get the frame straigtened out and the axle back were its suposed to be. I would guess to get the whole thing fixed it will cost from 1000 to 1500. If you shop around to find a good price on the parts you need.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:36 AM

thanks, i'll look around, i took it to a mechanic they said without even looking underneath it would be around 3800.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:20 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

ya i forgot about the high labor charges. I work at a dealership so i get a good discount.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:43 AM

lucky for you lol

Old 04-11-2008, 11:12 PM
ltown21 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

Sounds accurate...Blazers have terrible crash ratings for side impact because the drivers head hits the window frame.
^^ I was t-boned on the drivers side. He was going 35 and I did not get hurt. Thing still drove, but frame was bent and totaled it. I felt that it held up greatly

Quick Reply: Rear Axle of a 98 Lt blazer HELP!!