General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

rear headrests

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 08:14 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default rear headrests

is there any way to take the rear headrests off? the button only lets you pull them up. i have my seat as far back as it can go and its leaning back quite a bit and when the rear seat is folded down, the drivers seat puts a lot of tension on the rear headrest. if i put them as high as they can go, it kind of helps with relieving the tension but i would like to just take them completely off

Old 10-17-2007, 08:22 AM
Starting Member
agent305 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: rear headrests

yes they come off...
fold your seat like halfway down so you can see where the post goes into the headrest.
there is a plastic thing on the headreast that the post goes into, and on that plastic thing, there is a tab. or "button"
well on the other side of the headreast..(on the plastic thing) there is a little hole. stick a little pick tool in it, and while pushing the button....lift the headrest off. then they come off.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:41 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Why do you want to take them off?

Old 10-17-2007, 10:08 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

becuase the rear seat doesnt fold down very well with the way the drivers seat is situated. if i lean my seat forward then it fits fine but when i lean it back the way i normally drive, it presses really hard on the headrest and it feels like its gonna break it off.

thanks agent, i knew there had to be some way and when you press the button in it almsot feels like it will come off but not quite

Old 10-17-2007, 02:42 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

That's damned good to know!

I can't fold the drivers side back seat down because of how I have to fit in the Blazer, lol.

Now that I have a little boost in cargo space... (just gotta make a cover to go over the amp, and I'm good!)

Old 10-17-2007, 10:43 PM
BF Veteran

lol. i have my seat adjusted differently than any other car ive driven. im glad i have the all power seats so i can adjust it the right way. for my amp and subs, i just bought a black towel and threw it over the top. my box was really shiny with lots of chrome and mirrors and plexiglass. the box was more for show than function

Old 10-17-2007, 10:50 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

man I don't know how many times I've smooshed my fingers in those silly head rests.....gosh darn it they hurt!!

Old 10-18-2007, 04:38 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

lol. i have my seat adjusted differently than any other car ive driven. im glad i have the all power seats so i can adjust it the right way. for my amp and subs, i just bought a black towel and threw it over the top. my box was really shiny with lots of chrome and mirrors and plexiglass. the box was more for show than function
But this way, when I load up the back of my truck so much that I can't see, there'll be something solid to protect the wires, lol.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Starting Member
agent305 is an unknown quantity at this point

dont the headrest fold backwards automatically and out of the way on the 98 when you fold down the seats?? they do in the 2000

Old 10-19-2007, 03:49 AM
BF Veteran

They do in the '05, too, but they hit the back of the seat, still, because they fold so they're still pointing straight up, instead of all the way back...

You have to force my drivers side back seat down, unless you move the drivers seat forward, or straighten the seat so far it's uncomfortable for me to drive, lol.

Quick Reply: rear headrests