General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Rear wiper arm

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Starting Member
mattjphoto is on a distinguished road
Default Rear wiper arm

I took of my tow hooks today and painted them. However, I noticed the rear wiper arm is in the need of a paint job.

I have never taken it apart so I dont know how to. I popped the rubber plug and removed the nut under. Do I just need to pry harder to get it off? Is there another bold I am missing?

Old 05-08-2013, 07:08 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

it should just come off if you removed the nut.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Starting Member

Thanks I went out there and used a little more force. It just came right off and is now painted and drying.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:44 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

No problem, at least its held on with a nut, in like the first gen wiper arms, held on with some stupid locking clip, when I paint them, I am removing the wiper, leaving the arm on the truck and putting paper behind it.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Painting all of my wiper arms is on my to do list as well! They look like a** right now lol

Old 05-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

i hate it when the sun bounces off of the front ones just right and blind everyone in the truck....its such a PITA!
flat black FTW!

Old 05-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Twip
i hate it when the sun bounces off of the front ones just right and blind everyone in the truck....its such a PITA!
flat black FTW!
I went with matte black.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Pics? I'll probably go with whatever the black is that I have sitting in the warehouse lol!

Old 05-08-2013, 09:38 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Painting all of my wiper arms is on my to do list as well! They look like a** right now lol
me too, that and my roof rack, the roof rack is peeking and is bare whatever metal it is in a few places. Looks like bum bum.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Pics? I'll probably go with whatever the black is that I have sitting in the warehouse lol!
The rear wiper photo is that exciting so here is one of the painted tow hooks.

Attached Thumbnails Rear wiper arm-8725174068_c7548e3ea3_c.jpg  

Quick Reply: Rear wiper arm