General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Refridgerator

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 01:20 PM
blzR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Refridgerator

I have now taken my fridge apart 4 times because that piece in the freezer part(metalic with lots of fins attacthed to it) keeps on getting frozen to a big block of ice,making the fridge cooling usless.I have thawed it for the 4th and final time.What makes this finned radiator looking device keep freezing up like that?Is this a condensor issue,coolant issue anyone have any bits on this problem perplexor?

Fan Motor spins/works as should(doesn't freeze up)

Old 06-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

How old is the refrigerator? Most problems like this are caused by some form of restriction inside the condenser. This is the death of most cooling devices whether they be dehumidifiers, air conditioners, or refrigerators.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:25 AM
blzR is an unknown quantity at this point

The fridge is about a 1995.It did this once last July, fan motor froze too and burned out.I thawed it all out and installed the new fan motor and it worked good up till last week.
Is the condensor that round piece about a foot in diameter?
I took off all the plastic in the freezer to be able to monitor that fined radiator thing,and within 8hours it already is starting the ice build up again.Probably time for a new appliance i suspect.