General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Replacement Headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 01:01 PM
alex85061 is on a distinguished road
Default Replacement Headlights?

What are the best non-hid replacement halogen headlight bulbs for our vehicles?

Old 11-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Starting Member
89Recon is an unknown quantity at this point

you have to narrow it down you can't just say "our vehicles" and expect us to know what you are talking about lol obviously a Blazer though but what year , trim, etc. it is a good idea to put some info about your vehicle in your sig like I did with mine or however you feel fit once we have more info we can help you.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:50 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

But look up Sylvania lights. They have the super brights or w/e they're called that are around if not the top of non HID for brightness. In a projector housing you'll see noticable improvements as well in lue of a stock housing with any bulb.
Just have to research what bulb fits in yours & the housing you may get.
I know my projectors came with 9005 bulbs (high beam bulbs I think) in a low beam application. But in projectors they're awsome & projectors have a cut off line as to not **** off other motorists.
But I have HIDs in the projectors <--- what projectors were made for & vice versa. Still with the halogens the beams were really nice & focused.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:08 AM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

i have silverstar ultra as my lowbeams and regular silver stars for my high beams, and they workkk great 60-70% of the time i get flashed with just my lowbeams

Old 11-17-2011, 06:47 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

x2 on the Silverstar Ultras.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:15 AM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

I had Silverstar ultras for about a year and I loved them, but they only last about a year than they start getting dim. I was going to replace them but they cost $50, I went with HID for $40.
If you dont want HID silverstar ultras are In my opinion the best.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:16 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Silverstars are great, but they don't last very long. I had one last 7 months, and the other almost made it a year. Same deal with our '86 Grand Marquis - didn't even get a year out of either one. Super bright light that burns up fast, or less bright light that lasts over 5 years. It's a trade off. Decisions, decisions ....

I use Sylvania LL (long life) because I hate replacing things every season.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Starting Member
89Recon is an unknown quantity at this point

I just replaced my headlights about a week ago and I went with regular halogens just because it is such a pain in the *** to take off all the little bolts and to find out half of them are rusted lol so that way it will be a while before I have to deal with the bolts from hell again if I want to see better I just use my fog lights I ALWAYS get brighted when I have them on

Old 11-17-2011, 05:22 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pj5454302
I had Silverstar ultras for about a year and I loved them, but they only last about a year than they start getting dim. I was going to replace them but they cost $50, I went with HID for $40.
If you dont want HID silverstar ultras are In my opinion the best.
Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
Silverstars are great, but they don't last very long. I had one last 7 months, and the other almost made it a year. Same deal with our '86 Grand Marquis - didn't even get a year out of either one. Super bright light that burns up fast, or less bright light that lasts over 5 years. It's a trade off. Decisions, decisions ....

I use Sylvania LL (long life) because I hate replacing things every season.
I've heard of such, but I've had mine for a few years now with no issues and can't really see much of a dimming problem. Could just be one of those things.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:55 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Or.... you could ask BMW to get you a pair of their laser lights. They are soo beast son! Only problem is they are $$$$. Link

But if you don't want to go with some laser lights, then this is a good second option. Nokya. Don't go with the Silverstar series. Waste of money imo. You don't get your money's worth out of them. Check out Nokya though. They have a stage 1 that is same wattage at stock headlights and stage 2 which is 80-100 watt I believe. Much better deal. Easy on the wallet. Just my .02.
Linky

Quick Reply: Replacement Headlights?