General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

ride of the month

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Starting Member
fla_blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ride of the month

was looking at zr2usa, and was wondering do you win anything if your rides the ride of the month? like zr2usa if you get z of the week you get a prize.

Old 03-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts
Default RE: ride of the month

No, you just get your blazer advertised on the front page of being ROTM, and your name will be edited to have ROTM (then whatever month you won), under it when you post, so everyone knows you have won ride of the month, ROTM is a privalage, and a great way to show people what youve got.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:44 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Plus its having that great feeling that other people on here like your ride as much as you do.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:52 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

does mine say ROTM?? ive won twice and dont remember.... i guess ill find out when I submit this post..

Old 03-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Aaron, guess that got reset when you became a section moderator. I'll change it when I get some time.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:22 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

haha... you didnt have to do that kyle..lol i didnt really care what it said..

Old 03-25-2008, 10:02 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Well, heres how I see ride of the month:
When your vehicle goes up for voting, you tend to notice what the competition has vs. what you have, and it gives you a really good baseline of where to improve the looks of your ride.
Its also a friendly competition and its good for promoting the growth of the site along with familiarity between members, which is to say, you get to know everyone's ride and the style of their ride a little better.
Although I like the old way of doing it better, the new ROTM makes me think that the ROTM title has a lot less to do with the person behind the ride, as it did before, and more to do with ride itself.

Have you given any more thought to a ROTY and member spotlight, Kyle?

Old 03-25-2008, 10:13 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: EuroGoldLS
Although I like the old way of doing it better, the new ROTM makes me think that the ROTM title has a lot less to do with the person behind the ride, as it did before, and more to do with ride itself.
That's because it's RIDE of the month. When the poll was taken, everyone opted for Blazer (and related vehicles) of the Month with a member spotlight. I think the new way allows for a lot more variety among the rides.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:22 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

By saying that, I was explioting a good point about the new way of doing it.

The Reason I like the old way:
The old way of doing it leaves us in no doubt of who actually made it into the ROTM, (not saying any of the ROTM staff would do this) but with the randomization, members are not able to see what goes on. How do we know if someone wasn't mistakenly left OUT of the ROTM (or God forbid discriminated against because he isn't well liked by that member of staff) I know you think I suspect something, but I know on other sites it has happend, and you can never know who to trust and people make mistakes. Thats just my view of the matter...

I agree with the BOTM and MS, but I havent heard anything about it except for the poll. You get the best of both worlds with both contests in place, and I hope it will keep rides with little or no reason to be in the ROTM out of the ROTM.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:36 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't want to start any shizzle seeing as how I have been on hiatus for a while and was not here when ROTM changed, but I agree with one of Brent's points. I have always had it as my opinion, unexpressed opinion, that if it is called RIDE of the month that it should be a tricked out ride being voted on. Not to offend anyone, butsome of the rides that have gotten in for voting were not really in deservance of the honor. The member was in deservance of the honor of being an excellent member, but the ride was not really up to par for what ROTM sounds like it should be.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we have alot of great members here, and they deserve to be like a Member of the month or something like that, and we have alot of excellent rides here that should be ROTM but are not. I guess ROTM is looked at as a member popularity contest rather than about who has a trick ride sometimes.

I don't know what happened with all the voting and polls to change ROTM, but it doesn't look like much has changed, at least to me anyway, but then again I have not been around to see how the selection process and all works yet.

Quick Reply: ride of the month