General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

RIP Nevada Gold.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:46 PM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road
Unhappy RIP Nevada Gold.

I have the pics posted in my profile. I was hit while heading west on I-84 when I had to stop short. The driver behind me was able to stop but not the truck behind him. The last truck wsa a 3/4 chevy loaded and pulling a double axle trailer. He hit the truck in front of him, hitting me and finally the trailer in front of me. So in the end that chevy, dodge and my blazer are most definately totalled. My radiator was leaking, couldn't open the drivers side door, hitch was bent, frame was buckled on the drivers side.

So now it looks like depending on what the insurance says I'll be looking for an S10 truck. I found a S10 Baja for sale on craigslist for about $800.00. That would be a great project depending on how good the truck turns out to be. Either way I will be buying my Blazer back so that I can strip all my good parts off of it.

BTW, I'm doing fine, my friends gf recently had back surgery and was taken to the hospital to get checked out. All things considered here; I got lucky. It should have been much worse.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:53 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Glad to hear your alright! Read it wrong and thought your friends GF had back surgery BECAUSE of the accident lol. Probably not a bad idea to get checked out anyways, even if you feel fine.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:30 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

That sux,but remember vehicles are replaceable people are not. Glad to hear everybody is OK.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:33 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

+1. I'm glad that only the truck is banged up.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:52 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear the news mate. Glad you all came out ok.

Good luck with finding a good s10 Blazer. Look forward to seeing what you do with it.

And REMEMBER - Pics, pics & more pics! LOL

Old 03-31-2010, 07:33 AM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

glad you're fine!!...i was in the same kind of accident a month ago but the bf's work truck was hit by a ford diesel (i forget the big kind lol like a 450 or some thing) which was pushed into us by a semi and we were pushed into the back of a prius god it was a mess...and on the main highway in and out of philly through central city...so the 4 of us had to hobble our cars to an emergency pull off...cops never even showed up..luckily bf's truck only had back door and bumper damage...gotta love those freightliner cargo vans...AKA sardine boxes lol...

just glad you're ok and the gf is ok too!!...i agree cars/trucks can be replaced...people can't!..and damn looks are decieving...from the pics doesn't look like any frame damage was done or any thing major...pushed in bumper and smushed nose...i guess underneath and inside are a whoooole different story though.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:29 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DKSDAD
That sux,but remember vehicles are replaceable people are not. Glad to hear everybody is OK.
QFT. Glad you're okay man.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:36 AM

UPDATE: My friends gf is ok, she just strained some of her back muscles. Myself I'm going to see a chiropracter. Looking at the photos I took if the hit would have been straight on and not angled it might have been worse.

After the accident while waiting for the accident report I told my friend "We can rebuild and replace these things but you cant replace people". Now to fight the insurance people.

Unfortunately KBB only goes to 1990 not 1989. But I didn't notice any difference except for the rear windows. At least my paint was buffed out so it didn't look like a beater, plus I had the original sales sticker showing all the options that it had come with. It's a foregone conclusion that it's going to be totalled I highly doubt that they will even consider fixing it. Not when there's so many of then laying around here.

I'll post another update after I engage the insurance people.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:31 PM

UPDATE: I went to the er today to get checked out. I felt fine last night but it was a different story when I woke up today despite my high pain tolerance; better safe than sorry right? For the time being I'm going to transfer my ploates and insurance to my old Dodge Truck so I will still have wheels. I reported everything to my insurance rep today and won't know what the plan is untill this Friday when that happens I'll post another update.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:52 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

probably going to be totalled. if they even suspect your frame is bent they'll total it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RIP Nevada Gold.