General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Roof baskets, whatcha got?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 08:14 PM
Starting Member
Americannoli is on a distinguished road
Default Roof baskets, whatcha got?

I'm looking for a roof basket for my roof rack on a 1996 Chevy Blazer 4 Door. I'm looking between 100-150 maybe 200 bucks. I would build one myself but lack the experience and time. Is there any ok or good ones out there even if it takes a little bit of work to rust proof?

Old 08-14-2020, 08:26 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road
Default 100$ Walmart special

Got mine for about 100 before taxes at Walmart. Thinking of buldinging off of it(extending 2'-3'). But I'm happy with it for the time being.

please ignore the rims.............

Old 08-14-2020, 09:08 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Many moons ago, I had a Curt brand basket on my 4 door. Worked really well, was the perfect size.

Ended up selling it to a friend who has it on the roof of her Tacoma now. I want to get another one though...

And yes I've had SO many different wheel and tire setups on my Blazer lol

Old 08-14-2020, 09:11 PM
BF Veteran

Brazen, yours is the size I want. But went with what I could get for the time being. Look darn good tho.

Old 08-14-2020, 09:29 PM

It really did fit great with the extension installed. When I first put it on I didn't install the center extension, and it looked pretty puny lol

Old 08-14-2020, 10:34 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by DonL
Got mine for about 100 before taxes at Walmart. Thinking of buldinging off of it(extending 2'-3'). But I'm happy with it for the time being.

please ignore the rims.............
I really like it! Could you maybe help me out with the brand name or link it? I could pick it up at my local walmart. I was scared these would rust but you haven't had many issues with that?

Old 08-14-2020, 10:40 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
It really did fit great with the extension installed. When I first put it on I didn't install the center extension, and it looked pretty puny lol

I like the light and the rear antenna! I assume you installed both of those, how hard was it to install that light and where did you get it! Also are you running spacers? If so what size and are those the stock wheel size?

Old 08-15-2020, 08:01 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Americannoli
I really like it! Could you maybe help me out with the brand name or link it? I could pick it up at my local walmart. I was scared these would rust but you haven't had many issues with that?
I got a picture of the box in my build thread. I'll see if I have one on hand. So far i havent had any rust issues, but i havent really inspected. And I've only had it for a few months. But it's a nice little rack.

Old 08-15-2020, 08:02 AM
BF Veteran

Double post

Old 08-15-2020, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Americannoli
I like the light and the rear antenna! I assume you installed both of those, how hard was it to install that light and where did you get it! Also are you running spacers? If so what size and are those the stock wheel size?
The light was a 42", and it was actually mounted to an add-on cross bar. Worked okay, but mostly just let me mount the light bar without drilling into the roof. Later on when I added the extension, I couldn't use the add-on cross bars, so the light got moved to being actually mounted into the rack as it is in the first set of pictures I posted.

The CB antenna was just mounted to a piece of angle that was bolted to the rear of the rack. I never did get around to actually running the antenna wire into the cab and hooking it up... Mounted the antenna for mock-up, drove around with it for a couple weeks, and ended up removing it because it just sat too high and would hit on every drive through I went through lol.

I've been running 1.5" rear spacers on this 4x4 pretty much since I got the truck, just to even out the rear track width with the front, since from factory the rear is more narrow than the rear. The chrome wheels are 16" Firebird wheels. They'll mount right up on a 4x4, but on a 2wd you'll need spacers all the way around.

Quick Reply: Roof baskets, whatcha got?