General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Roofracks on...or off

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Red Horse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Roofracks on...or off

ORIGINAL: Xenon4300

I really like the shaved look that the SS and SRT8 are going for lately, but the blazer is too long and short in my opinion to remove the roof rack. So, I swapped it with the roof rack I had painted to match off of a 2000/escalade/denali.

Here is what the roof rack looks like:

It first PERFECTLY ending just at the back of the sunroof and running right to the end of the roof. When you unscrew the old roof rack, there are screw housings that stick up about 1/4". If you mount this roof rack just outside of those it fits right up against them and aligns perfectly with the edge of the doors and windows. It is hard to describe, but this part should have been OEM on the 4 door s-10s because it just looks incredible and adds about 2" of flat height to my blazer. I will get pics soon!
Wow, you did a great job with the roof racks, they look factory installed from the pic you posted, keep up the good work, I'm still waiting for my Blazer to arrive and I will be keeping the roof racks and maybe putting in a metal mesh box to help hold my stuff in place when going into the back country, I figure if I'm going to have them up there they are going too have to do heavy duty hauling.

Thanks for posting the pic of the finished work, very nice.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Xenon4300 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Red Horse

ORIGINAL: Xenon4300

I really like the shaved look that the SS and SRT8 are going for lately, but the blazer is too long and short in my opinion to remove the roof rack. So, I swapped it with the roof rack I had painted to match off of a 2000/escalade/denali.

Here is what the roof rack looks like:

It first PERFECTLY ending just at the back of the sunroof and running right to the end of the roof. When you unscrew the old roof rack, there are screw housings that stick up about 1/4". If you mount this roof rack just outside of those it fits right up against them and aligns perfectly with the edge of the doors and windows. It is hard to describe, but this part should have been OEM on the 4 door s-10s because it just looks incredible and adds about 2" of flat height to my blazer. I will get pics soon!
Wow, you did a great job with the roof racks, they look factory installed from the pic you posted, keep up the good work, I'm still waiting for my Blazer to arrive and I will be keeping the roof racks and maybe putting in a metal mesh box to help hold my stuff in place when going into the back country, I figure if I'm going to have them up there they are going too have to do heavy duty hauling.

Thanks for posting the pic of the finished work, very nice.
Thanks. However, that is just a picture of the roof rack off of ebay from a Denali. I had it painted dark blue and put on my car. The cross bars wouldn't fit (because my blazer is not wide enough) but other than that it looks great. I'll post some pics in a few weeks when I get everything finished.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Beginning Member
justin4x4jimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

u guys have some good ideas/info in this thread thanks

Old 01-22-2009, 01:13 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

If you want roof racksbut just notON your truck, how about this one? LOL
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-198230570.htm

Old 01-22-2009, 06:27 AM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: kiwiblazer

If you want roof racksbut just notON your truck, how about this one? LOL
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-198230570.htm
That wont work for Blazers..

its a Bed mounted rack system for pickups that mounts between the shell and the bed.
had one on my 98 when I was doing tile.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:52 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Wow I like that Envoy brake light/spoiler. Alot.

And as far as shaving, I like 2-doors shaved, 4-doors just look funny with no rack IMO.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:51 AM

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

Wow I like that Envoy brake light/spoiler. Alot.

And as far as shaving, I like 2-doors shaved, 4-doors just look funny with no rack IMO.
Which is exactly why I added the escalade/denali roof rack. It looks shaved, yet gives the vehicle height/definition/character.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:20 PM

Here are some pictures of my roof rack.

Kyle

Old 02-04-2009, 11:36 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I'll trade you back glasses

looks good though. I like the body molding on the sides of the roof...keeps it from having that funky is-it-too-long-or-not-i-cant-decide look that 4-doors usually have shaved.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:23 AM

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

I'll trade you back glasses

looks good though. I like the body molding on the sides of the roof...keeps it from having that funky is-it-too-long-or-not-i-cant-decide look that 4-doors usually have shaved.
Yes I agree.

You want my spoiler??? I just installed it!

Quick Reply: Roofracks on...or off