Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   S10 the next Jeep? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/s10-next-jeep-32151/)

oktain 07-07-2009 07:19 AM

I could be wrong but jeeps seem to be easier to work on also... I drive by some kid's house everyday and see the progress he's been making restoring an older jeep renegade, and in a couple hours with no hoists or any fancy equipment him and his buddy's had it stripped down to the frame and put a suspension lift on it. It's pretty well back together now and body parts are slowly turning black instead of purple lol.

I look at a jeep and it seams so simple... could be the fact it's a bucket on wheels though.

Sisk 07-07-2009 08:01 AM

Remember, Jeeps are specifically made for that type of thing, especially the old ones. They are meant to be able to be fixed on the trail with minimal amount of tools and parts, so they're bound to be easy to restore/fix.
I doubt the S10 will ever replace the Jeep though, seeing as theyre no longer making S10's. I think the Blazer is definitely a good competition to Jeep though, but replacement? no. Just my two cents.

BlazerLover1592 07-07-2009 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by oktain (Post 230294)
I could be wrong but jeeps seem to be easier to work on also... I drive by some kid's house everyday and see the progress he's been making restoring an older jeep renegade, and in a couple hours with no hoists or any fancy equipment him and his buddy's had it stripped down to the frame and put a suspension lift on it. It's pretty well back together now and body parts are slowly turning black instead of purple lol.

I look at a jeep and it seams so simple... could be the fact it's a bucket on wheels though.

Bucket on wheels? YUP! lol.

I wouldnt mind having one, but I just love Chevys and Blazers to much :icon_bump1:

danmiranda 07-07-2009 10:42 AM

I see too many Jeeps with a "stamp" on it. I think the Blazer and S10 give a look and style not too many people explore. Everyone lifted their Jeep, added beefier tires and such. The S10s gives a styling that isn't overdone, and everyone who has a jeep that I've met feels they own a offroad monster, despite very few actually going out on the trails. I like being unique which is why I moved up to a Sonoma ZR5, which are very rare around here, though not a offroad monster, it is the right blend of daily driver and offroad enthusiast. But in response to the thread, no S10's won't replace Jeeps, but they deliver an enhanced customizability and uniqueness not found with Jeeps.

Hanr3 07-07-2009 09:23 PM

JEEP- Just empty every pocket!

Jeeps are not easier to fix or to swap parts on. Teh after market has made it easy to swap just about anything into a Jeep, for a price. GM, pick an engine/tranny/t-case combo and go find a donor vehicle in the junk yard. Won't b e able to do that with a Jeep.

Ever price Jeep parts, they aren't cheap, nor readily available, at least compared to Chevy parts. Affordable, and every parts store carries what you need most of the time.

Will S10-Blazers replace Jeeps, nope never going to happen. Well on second thought. First there was the K5 Blazer, then S10 Blazer, and now the TrailBlazer, and I believe you can get the TrailBlazer with a V8. IF GM were to promote the TrailBlazer like Jeeps, then maybe it could replace them.

oktain 07-08-2009 08:29 AM

Once again we get to the point that Trailblazers weren't specifically designed for off-road use, you can modify it for such a purpose but a soccer-mmom-mobile will never have the off-road "stature" of the Jeep for the reasons previously mentionned. The jeep isn't necesarily the most capable, but people have decided to label jeeps as off-road "monsters" as my friend once called it. The fact of the matter is, for off-road use, I doubt anything with the name BLAZER in it will replace the Jeep as long as chrysler is producing it. I hate to say it because I love my Blazer so much but we all know it's true.

wolfen 07-08-2009 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Hanr3 (Post 230453)
JEEP- Just empty every pocket!

Jeeps are not easier to fix or to swap parts on. Teh after market has made it easy to swap just about anything into a Jeep, for a price. GM, pick an engine/tranny/t-case combo and go find a donor vehicle in the junk yard. Won't b e able to do that with a Jeep.

Ever price Jeep parts, they aren't cheap, nor readily available, at least compared to Chevy parts. Affordable, and every parts store carries what you need most of the time.

Will S10-Blazers replace Jeeps, nope never going to happen. Well on second thought. First there was the K5 Blazer, then S10 Blazer, and now the TrailBlazer, and I believe you can get the TrailBlazer with a V8. IF GM were to promote the TrailBlazer like Jeeps, then maybe it could replace them.

First you gotta get a Trailblazer that will go off road straigh out of the showroom. I ain't seen one that will go offoroad yet.
Your right about Jeep paerts though, I have a 01 Wrangler that runs good as long as I scower the internet for parts.
As for Blaazers replaceing Jeeps, NO they will NEVER replace a Jeep, Why? because Jeeps that go off road mostly need a recovery whinch to get them out of a hole or up a hill, Blazers have 4low for that. My Jeep needs 4 Low to get out of a 2 foot deep hole, Blazer does it in 2 high. My assesment, Jeep needs to catch up with the old Blazers. But they do both still have good points and bad points.

amazinnblazin 07-08-2009 09:55 PM

If you would like to see a 2001 S10 Trailblazer go off road stock, except for a slight t-bar crank, check out my videos here... http://www.youtube.com/user/amazinnblazin

mikeinwi 07-08-2009 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by amazinnblazin (Post 230723)
If you would like to see a 2001 S10 Trailblazer go off road stock, except for a slight t-bar crank, check out my videos here... http://www.youtube.com/user/amazinnblazin

your s-10 trailbazer is just like every other 2nd gen 4wd the "trailblazer" was only an appearence package on the s-10 blazers. i beleive the previous poster is refering to the trailblazer and envoys that use the GMT 360/370 platform.

wolfen 07-09-2009 07:21 PM

Ok I watched the video, no offense, but where did you go off of a road at? It looked to me more like a low water crossing.

(your s-10 trailblazer is just like every other 2nd gen 4wd the "trailblazer" was only an appearance package on the s-10 blazers. i believe the previous poster is referring to the trailblazer and envoys that use the GMT 360/370 platform.) What Iam referring to are the modern Trailblazers that ride like a Lincoln Town-car, with all the bells and whistles, and a ground clearence so low that a speed bump will stop them dead in their tracks. my neighbor has one, and its a comfy, climate controled rolling piece of junk that isn't worthy of going into a dirt parking lot, its a 2005 with no problems or wear on it at all with 25K on the spedo
A 4WD is supposed to have a high ground clearence straight off the showroom floor, a trailblazer is taller than my 89 is, but lower to the ground too, which makes it useless for going anywhere where theres no road.