General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Sad day

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 12:49 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough
Default Sad day

My truck gave up the ghost. We took it to the garage with a huge list of things that needed to be done to pass inspection and we wanted a quote, but we also wanted him to fix a few small things to make it road legal (blinkers or brake lights were not working and something is draining the battery).

They found that the entire rear end is about to fall off because the rust is so bad, and the front driver side is no longer connected to the frame. So we've come to the conclusion that it's time to trash it.

I may be willing to part some of it out, I have a lot of good parts on it. If I'm gonna take it to the junk yard, I'm gonna strip it first.

Attached Thumbnails Sad day-tumblr_ml7b5agudb1qafhmqo1_500.jpg  
Old 04-14-2013, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Sorry to hear

I call dibs on the windshield visor (for the right price of course)!!!

Old 04-14-2013, 02:51 PM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear the news. If you do part it, there's some components I'm sure I'd be interested in buying. Maybe it'll be some sort of transcendental "new life from old life" sort of thing? Whatever that's supposed to mean.
Do you have a photo of the dash bezel, by chance?

Old 04-14-2013, 03:05 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Sell,engine/tranny,radiator,interior,tires,and if any of the panels are ok strip them too. scrap the rest. you might get $800 for it all. Then scrap the cat (if its oem big one) its worth $100,if aftermarket $5 bucks. aluminum wheels $12ish each (or sell with tires?) and you might net 300ish for the rest of the blazer.
1200 is a ideal ball park figure for income on the sell out. then take that and put it towards another blazer.

OR

if you have the funds,find you a blazer,(gotta be a 96 or 97) with a bad engine/trans for cheap,and use this as a parts car. whalla.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:13 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

I call dibs on the windshield visor (for the right price of course)!!!
Haha, I'll take it off tomorrow and save it for you. Send me a PM with your offer and as long as you pay for shipping, I'll send it your way.

Sorry to hear the news. If you do part it, there's some components I'm sure I'd be interested in buying. Maybe it'll be some sort of transcendental "new life from old life" sort of thing? Whatever that's supposed to mean.
Do you have a photo of the dash bezel, by chance?

Sell,engine/tranny,radiator,interior,tires,and if any of the panels are ok strip them too. scrap the rest. you might get $800 for it all. Then scrap the cat (if its oem big one) its worth $100,if aftermarket $5 bucks. aluminum wheels $12ish each (or sell with tires?) and you might net 300ish for the rest of the blazer.
1200 is a ideal ball park figure for income on the sell out. then take that and put it towards another blazer.

OR

if you have the funds,find you a blazer,(gotta be a 96 or 97) with a bad engine/trans for cheap,and use this as a parts car. whalla.
That's a good idea, but I know my parents won't want it sitting in our driveway, I can hear them say it now.

Everyone, thanks for the suggestions. Anything I earn from the truck will be put away for something new (if I am lucky, a ZR2... not giving my hopes up though).

Attached Thumbnails Sad day-15996409_large.jpg   Sad day-15996408_large.jpg  
Old 04-14-2013, 09:06 PM
95BlazenLT is on a distinguished road

Bummer Dude... Sorry to hear that you (your Blazer) is a victim of frame rust... Happy Hunting for the replacement Blazer...

Old 04-14-2013, 09:44 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Sorry about your bad luck. I'm glad I live down here, and we don't have to deal with rust like you guys up north do! Your truck looks too clean to have that much rust! I've got a 40 year old car that's lived it's whole life in Texas, and aside from some surface rust on the sheet metal, it's as solid as they come.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:15 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Another victim of the good ole salty roads.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:44 AM
BF Veteran

Thanks guys

Originally Posted by cleburne red
Sorry about your bad luck. I'm glad I live down here, and we don't have to deal with rust like you guys up north do! Your truck looks too clean to have that much rust! I've got a 40 year old car that's lived it's whole life in Texas, and aside from some surface rust on the sheet metal, it's as solid as they come.
Yeah. Last year was the first time I've ever seen rust on it, and it was on the fender. Now I have 3 more fenders with rust holes, but as far as rust goes, I've never had any, so it's the last thing I expected to happen...

Old 04-15-2013, 07:38 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

its something us northerners have to do deal with. ive had to part with so many vehicles due to them rotting beyond repair. next truck im buying is gonna be from down south somewhere im sick of dealing with this every 2 years or so

Quick Reply: Sad day