General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Saw a cool blazer, anyone own it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 03:47 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Mine are on the hitch. They came with a 3 way switch- on, off or switched on when it's in reverse.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:54 PM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by CraigSnedeker
That's actually a good idea. I'd have no idea how to hook those up to a switch though.
its kinda easy, all you would really need is something like this
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Switch to power + ground + ACC

Lights to ACC (power) + a ground

Switch power to Battery
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

something like that, thats how i have my fog lights on my grille hooked up, my top offroads are hooked up to a relay, which is the same at the switch, but the relay is under the hood with something like this
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Relay - switch - power - ground

switch - relay - ground - lights

lights-power (to switch) - ground (also to the relay)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so the ones that would be mounted on the roof really wouldnt be too bad, i can run a ground to one of the bolts that hold in the tie downs in the trunk area, and either run a power all the way back and have a switch in the back, or wire 2 switches up, one in the back and one in the front, or just one in the front

Last edited by m3ch; 05-18-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:38 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Sounds confusing, hehe.

But my problem is, drilling holes for wires and getting those wires to where they need to be (a.k.a. switch in dash), does the carpet have to be taken off? And I would have no idea how to do that either.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:12 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

yeah i love my lights on the back they are mounted on the window where it bolts to the hinges

Old 05-18-2011, 09:17 PM
69chevelle is on a distinguished road

I cut cit holes in my bumper corners and mounted 100 watt floods GHETTO!!! but it works great (I would have broken them anywhere else)

As for the exaust, deffinitally loose the pipe, I crushed the stock exit so mine's dumped now

Snorkel is a cool idea but myself, I would probably have turned it the other way and put it in some sort of box to protect it from mud/water. in its current location it leaves it to vulnerable to weather and tree branches!! I'd definitely rip it off!

Old 05-18-2011, 11:48 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 69chevelle
I cut cit holes in my bumper corners and mounted 100 watt floods GHETTO!!! but it works great (I would have broken them anywhere else)

As for the exaust, deffinitally loose the pipe, I crushed the stock exit so mine's dumped now

Snorkel is a cool idea but myself, I would probably have turned it the other way and put it in some sort of box to protect it from mud/water. in its current location it leaves it to vulnerable to weather and tree branches!! I'd definitely rip it off!
Yeah that forward facing snorkel seems to be inviting or inhaling trouble, no way I'd want it open & facing forward - unless you live in an area that has 10% rainfall per year, otherwise how'd it be a DD?

Old 05-18-2011, 11:53 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ajd04zr2
Maybe he just runs through really deep water holes with a hard bottom

but i do love that color
Bubba tends to get carried away when he's launching his boat...

Kinda like this:

Should made a snorkel.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:40 AM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

front wheels stick out rather far. looks like he has 2"+ spacers on them

Old 05-31-2011, 11:37 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

It's mudwagon01's!

Old 06-01-2011, 12:17 AM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

Yeah that's mudwagon01's lol or it looks exactly like it.

Quick Reply: Saw a cool blazer, anyone own it?