General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

seat problem

Old 06-23-2014, 08:30 PM
Starting Member
xtalinx is on a distinguished road
Default seat problem

Ok - driver seat full power with lumbar support. Everything works on the seat EXCEPT forward/reverse or front to When I engage the forward reverse the side closest to the console really doesnt move, the side closest to the door does move BUT it only moves 1/2" max then it is cockeyed and stops. Is there a way to remove the metal "thing" in the track to allow the seat to move freely??? Some pic will help thanks

Old 08-26-2014, 10:40 AM
noj akrog is on a distinguished road
Default same problem, my fix

Originally Posted by xtalinx
Ok - driver seat full power with lumbar support. Everything works on the seat EXCEPT forward/reverse or front to When I engage the forward reverse the side closest to the console really doesnt move, the side closest to the door does move BUT it only moves 1/2" max then it is cockeyed and stops. Is there a way to remove the metal "thing" in the track to allow the seat to move freely??? Some pic will help thanks
A few weeks ago I bought a 99 blazer with the IDENTICAL symptoms. When taking the seats out to replace the carpet (totally trashed by previous owner) I found a black plastic hollow shaft approx. 10" long by 5/16" dia. with a speedometer type shaft in the middle. I didn't know what it was at the time but fortunately I saved it. It turns out that this fits the front of the seat track. It goes across the front and sends power from the motor on the outboard side (nearest the door) to the inboard side track. I had to bend it some to get it to fit between the two sides but it popped right in. I tried the switch and the power seat worked in all modes like a CHAMP! Good Luck!