General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 05:23 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough
Default seats

Sup guys, been a while.

Just wanted to vent a little about how hard it is to find a decent replacement seat for my 04!

what the heck?

My drivers side seat is so toast it isnt even funny. i have to push the back seat forward to keep it upright, lol...

anyone else have such troubles?

Old 09-21-2014, 07:50 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

GM seats suck IMO
The ones in my 05 are junk as well
I have heard the seats out of a Cobalt are direct bolt in
Not sure if you can find decent Cobalt seats in the bone yard

Lots of guys change out the cobalt for the cobalt SS seats so check craigslist and you might get lucky

Old 09-21-2014, 08:14 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

i know the seats on a 1st gen are identical to the sunfire seats. swap seat tracks and they are direct bolt in. pretty too. i THINK 2nd gens are identical. i might be wrong.

Old 09-27-2014, 12:41 PM

thanks for the replies folks

Old 09-27-2014, 04:02 PM

can anyone tell me what the wiring under my manual non powered seats are for?

i find it odd to see that when i dont have powered seats.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:09 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It often is cheaper to have very few variations in wiring harnesses even if there is more wire/connectors than it is to inventory a vast array of harnesses for all of the different configurations. Count it a perk as now you can install power seats!

Old 09-27-2014, 06:10 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rexazz2
GM seats suck IMO
The ones in my 05 are junk as well
I have heard the seats out of a Cobalt are direct bolt in
Not sure if you can find decent Cobalt seats in the bone yard

Lots of guys change out the cobalt for the cobalt SS seats so check craigslist and you might get lucky
Even if you find cobalt seats, and they fit, they still SUCK! I should know, I've been suffering with one for almost 190K miles. One of the most uncomfortable seats I've ever sat in!

Old 09-27-2014, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
It often is cheaper to have very few variations in wiring harnesses even if there is more wire/connectors than it is to inventory a vast array of harnesses for all of the different configurations. Count it a perk as now you can install power seats!
nice!

iv seen so many potential seats at the pull and pays but i passed because they were electric.

Thanks for that info man.

Old 09-28-2014, 04:34 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

I suspect there is a ABS related sensor of some sort in the non power driver seat

BTW I was also heard the HHR seats are interchangeable with Cobalt but assume that would only be 4dr

Last edited by rexazz2; 09-28-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:11 PM

got 2 seats from a 96 today, electric..

3 things,

just realized the seatbelts are molded in with my 2004 seats so if i was to put these 96 seats in i wouldnt have seat belts so thats pretty much end of story but icing on the cake is the connections for the electric hook ups are different than the 2004 and the last bolt to get the old seat out is a torx rather than the 15mm on the other 3 and i dont have a torx big enough to fit this thing..

holy crap wtf...

the plan now would be to try and fix the old seat but i gotta get a torx big enough to get this last bolt off.

i hope i can get the 50$ i paid for these seats on craigslist. they really are nice and i was hoping to make it work.

so much for that.

rant end

Quick Reply: seats