General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Selling Blazer - questions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Danu2425 is on a distinguished road
Default Selling Blazer - questions.

So it has come time to part with my '97 Blazer.

I am not 100% sure on what to sell it for but I know I'm going to sell it as is. My dad originally paid $2500 for it.

There are some issues with it though, which makes me nervous when it comes time to talk to people. My dad took it down to big o and they told us that the Intake manifold gasket needs to be replaced or worked on (again my dad took it down). They quoted us $600 to do this. There is also an issue with the gas gauge. It does not work and when I was driving it I would have to go by how many miles I drove. Other than those two problems the guy at Big O told us that the truck is in great condition.

So where do I go from here?

Old 07-06-2013, 09:17 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

First thing you do is clean up the ground on the fuel sending unit and see if you can get that gauge working... Go lay on your back under the rear, and look up behind the rear umper for the single ground wire coming from the top of the fuel tank. Make sure this wire is not broken, and if it is, fix it. If the wire is in one peice, then undo the bolt on the end and clean up any rust there and put it together again. Is the tank reading always empty, or always full?

As for the intake, your dad and you can do this job yourself, its not too hard.

For a price, I think you could ask $1500 for it "as is" and take any reasonable offer. If you fix the intake leak and gas gauge, I think 1500 firm should suffice just fine.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:29 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

I paid $1200 last year for my '98 Jimmy with bad intake gaskets. I think $1500 for your '97 Blazer is reasonable in its current condition. If it were me, I would replace the gaskets at the very least. You'll be in a stronger position to sell it with fresh gaskets.

Old 07-07-2013, 03:05 AM
97Jimmaw is on a distinguished road

I paid 500 for mine in awesome interior condition. Driver's seat had some wear, fan clutch was stuck on, a plug wire was melted to the exhaust manifold, had about 1/4 to 1/2 turn of steering play, but the front end was brand new. He should have asked for a lot more since everything was an easy fix. I drove it home with a grin, knowing I got a deal.

It all depends on your area, really. 4x4 in my area fetches a minimum of $1,000, so long as it runs and the 4wd works, body doesn't matter as long as it passes safety. For really good condition, you can get $3500 for a 95 blazer (2 or 4 door, but 4x4). They're like gold around here. Everyone wants em.