General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

she thought it was a stupid question

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 08:45 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough
Default she thought it was a stupid question

ran out to grab a bag of milk
come out of the store and seen a Grand Am with a couple elderly ladies loading up the trunk
As I walk by I notice the hood is also up
As I get to my car I see it is a much younger lady looking around under the hood
She has a booster pack and not sure how to hook it up
She starts the conversation with " I got a stupid question"
I tell her there is no stupid questions and explain to her how to hook it up and turn it on
She says " your probably sorry you stopped"
I told her no, no problem at all

Its a little sad that someone might think someone would not help them for a couple minutes

Old 06-27-2013, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I haven't seen a "bag" of milk in years lol!!!

I think the problem is that people nowadays are just so used to people not stopping to help that it just takes them by surprise and they aren't sure how to react when someone actually does stop. It is good to know that there are still good people out there like yourself willing to help a fellow human being out every now and then tho

Old 06-27-2013, 09:29 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rexmburns
I haven't seen a "bag" of milk in years lol!!!

I think the problem is that people nowadays are just so used to people not stopping to help that it just takes them by surprise and they aren't sure how to react when someone actually does stop. It is good to know that there are still good people out there like yourself willing to help a fellow human being out every now and then tho

Maple syrup and bags of milk , its Canada

With everyone having a cell nowadays I think people just call or everyone expects them to call

I will always offer help to women

This was before everyone had cell phones
Years ago I seen a couple cars stopped on the side of the highway after a minor accident
A little ways up the highway was a young lady walking to the next exit
I stopped and backed up and her face was shear panic
I opened the rear sliding window of my truck and told her I would call police , go back to her vehicle

I circled around and went back to the scene
The same panic struck woman was on me like a lost family member LOL

Old 06-27-2013, 09:58 PM
Starting Member
JavierEscalonJr is on a distinguished road

tell me about it the rear end broke in my dads pickup a few months ago only one person stopped, thats because she knew me, another time same pickup just 2 weeks ago i must have not tightened the tire properly, because it fell out lost 4 of the 5 lug nuts and studs broke completely off i had to walk to autozone about a half-mile away and back, and me being prepared as always had to buy a 4 way to tighten the nuts on the wheels.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:53 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Bags of milk, there are gas stations around here that sell them, I wish there was one closer, they are so good, no air to screw up the flavor.
Side note, like you said. there is no stupid question when it comes to cars, unless its a muffler bearing, or blinker fluid LOL! Then I just laugh

Old 06-28-2013, 08:46 AM
ckroll98 is on a distinguished road

I stopped a while back for a Jeep that was on the side of a busy highway with a flat. The woman didn't know where the jack was located. I helped her find the jack and started to get the truck in the air when I noticed she had lug locks on the lug nuts. She bought the truck used and couldn't find the key, so she had to call her son to pick her up and take her to the Jeep dealer to get a lug key. I tried to help.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:52 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

i help people all the time. I tell ya what though once my coil went out (didnt know at the time) and i didnt have a phone. I was in the middle of nowhere,but too lazy to walk to a payphone. I sat there for 2 hours and nobody stopped to help. I even opened my hood. Sucked.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:52 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

Many years ago, I was going home from third shift. We'd had some freezing rain so traffic was slow. I saw a small car spin into the median. I was a volunteer police officer so I stopped, slipped across the road to talk to the driver and see if they needed help. It was a really pretty little red head on her way to work at a tanning salon. She rolled the window down and told me what happened. I had her get out and I was going to try and unstick her car. As soon as she stepped out, 5 pickups stopped and guys piled out to push her car free. Instead of pushing or driving her car clear, I stood there with a pretty girl. Everybody got her car free. While we were standing there, she said I made her feel really safe, just like her grandfather. Great, now I'm an old pharte.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:57 PM
4X4GS10B is on a distinguished road

Lmao...

Old 07-23-2013, 01:48 AM
Beginning Member
chevy fan302 is on a distinguished road

I try to help from time to time. Its sad that everybody lives in fear now and is afraid to stop and lend a hand. A few years ago i broke down and needed a jump I was at a 4 way intersection with my hood open and jumpers hooked up and asked people as they pulled up to the light if they could give me a jump you wouldnt believe how many people answered with sorry I dont have jumper cables

Quick Reply: she thought it was a stupid question