General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

should i get rid of it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Beginning Member
Deep6 is on a distinguished road
Default should i get rid of it?

i think i have all the electrical problems! i am ready to throw in the towel but have still not made a complete decision. we have a 2000 4dr 4x4 blazer and have only had it less than a year i have had more problems than i ever had with my 1st gen.
so i'm still knocking around the idea of keeping it and making it more to my liking not my wifes
or i would even consider a nice first gen in trade

Old 03-04-2012, 04:39 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

thats always a call you have to sleep on....depends on plans and how long you want to keep your ride.
i was looking at your other threads and can tell you know your way around your ride.

what elec problems are you having?
with mine being a 99 i have had several...luckily they have come one at a time.
last one was the tccm harness in cab being corroded.
past has been.
window motor harness
blower motor harness
maf harness
door locks

all have been minor fixes...but still it seems like the corrosion is catching up with me a little at a time.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:57 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

For things you cant explain i would start to look at your ignition switch. Im not sure what your other posts have been about or if you have already tried that.. but the ignition switch will cause a lot of screwy things

Old 03-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Beginning Member
Deep6 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
thats always a call you have to sleep on....depends on plans and how long you want to keep your ride.
i was looking at your other threads and can tell you know your way around your ride.
THANKS!
what elec problems are you having?
with mine being a 99 i have had several...luckily they have come one at a time.
last one was the tccm harness in cab being corroded.
past has been.
window motor harness
blower motor harness
maf harness
door locks

all have been minor fixes...but still it seems like the corrosion is catching up with me a little at a time.
its mostly been the gear shift indicator. it works and than it don't so it's a connection someware. it may still be down at the tranny switch or i was thinking at the cab block. the mirrors half work and the vacuum tnk is filled with fluid. so when i take out the inner fender i can look at the connection block to. it might be the ignition switch as it left me sitting till that damn 'security' shut off. also we were in it and it loss power the revs were up and down and the dash lights dimmed. it's little things ya know, and having the time. think i'm burned out but not ready yet...