General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

side steps or no side steps?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 04:10 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default side steps or no side steps?

I took off one of my steps today to see what it would look like. Didn't have enough time to get the other one off cause of severe weather coming through. I'll get the other one my next day off. Anywho, whatch think? I like the look of no steps. I was going to either get new ones or paint these, but I might just keep them off.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2600/920CA054D040408C847A764745840742.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-16-2007, 04:20 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: side steps or no side steps?

My blazer doesn't have steps and I like it fine without them. Moms Envoy has steps and ithink it looks too much like a bus.
I considered installing bars on mine, but I want to get it lowered sometime so I've not decided yet. Its all about personal preference though. Some prefersteps because they maketheir ride easier to get in and out of. I don't need them to get into my Blazer because I'm 6'5" but I guess if you are short they make a difference!

Old 05-16-2007, 04:21 PM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont like them.

Old 05-16-2007, 04:30 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I don't need them to get into my Blazer because I'm 6'5" but I guess if you are short they make a difference!
I'm 6'6", so getting in with out them is no problem.

Old 05-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

My truck had them on it when I bought it, but they've been in my garage since. I'll toss them back on when my son gets a bit older and he'll use them.

Old 05-16-2007, 05:00 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

Iwas gonna say what Kyle said...My kids really appreciated them on my Silverado, but being that you don't have kids,..I'd leave em off Dave. By the way....you need to take your next day off and clean your Mom's garage out for her....

Old 05-16-2007, 06:13 PM
BobTheBlazer will become famous soon enough

LOL Dave, I'm surprised Bill didn't climb in your butt the way he did mine yesterday when I called them side steps....he said "You mean running boards? HAHAHAHAHA!"

I like 'em...My son's short little legs make it hard for him to get into the truck by himself. I plan to keep mine, but I'm gonna actually purchase some chrome ones before too long....Bob's black paint job and black accentsare just too dark for my taste.

Old 05-16-2007, 06:19 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

They're only useful for short people, lol.

Or if if's on a truck that's over2 feet off the ground at the bottom of the door....

Though, if I was gonna have steps on my Blazer, I'd try for the retractable steps, lol.

But on a stock height Blazer... not gonna happen...

Old 05-16-2007, 08:10 PM
bigbill23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Heres my deal with running boards, im getting ready to put 20in rims on so i wasnt gonna do it, but then my buddy told me hes moving to the poconos and they have a offroad course but i would have to put nerf bars on mine. So instead of going bigger with the rims i think im gonna stay with the 20s so i can swap out the stock ones easily when i go to the poconos and put my nerf bars on. Another thing is my blazer is blue, i smashed up the front valance in the snow bc my neighbor pissed me off, got a new one through a place at work for cheap $36 cheap! but its black so i hope if i get black nerf bars itll even it out even though you cant tell the color difference of the valance unless ur looking for it!

Old 05-16-2007, 09:30 PM

I was going to save them and repaint them for when I do have a use for them, but when I took them off, then I realized what bad shape they were in. I think I will just buy some new ones when I need them. I want to get ones with lights on them. Oh, and I have a question. You can see in the pic that I still have two small brackets there. I can't get up underneath and I can't seem to get the right wrench on the bolt. Does anyone have any ideas, and no I'm not going to cut it off if anyone was thinking that.

Quick Reply: side steps or no side steps?