General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Simple Snowy Drive Gone Bad...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 04:03 PM
rodeofan5656 is on a distinguished road
Default Simple Snowy Drive Gone Bad...

so i gave my roommate a ride to pick up his girlfriend. its been snowin an blowin like crazy up here in northern KS. we were headed back to the college and the wind blew us over toward the ditch. i hit a slick spot and over-corrected.. doin somewhere between 20-30 mph, we hit a soft spot that grabbed the tires, and sent us over. we're all ok, but the Blazer may not make it :'( ive only got liability insurance, and dont have the money to have it fixed. its sickening, if youve never had the experience (and i hope you never do!)

EDIT: i'm havin trouble posting pictures. it says "a security token was not found" or somethin like that..

Old 02-21-2013, 04:07 PM

heres the pictures, i got them to work on a reply.....

Attached Thumbnails Simple Snowy Drive Gone Bad...-008.jpg   Simple Snowy Drive Gone Bad...-009.jpg   Simple Snowy Drive Gone Bad...-010.jpg   Simple Snowy Drive Gone Bad...-011.jpg   Simple Snowy Drive Gone Bad...-012.jpg  

Old 02-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

oops... Glad you're OK.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:28 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Ouch. That sucks man.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:35 PM
Starting Member
matt9589 is on a distinguished road

yikes! glad everyones ok!

Old 02-21-2013, 06:47 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

SHOOT!! im glad to hear that everyone is ok. did it happen fast or like in slow motion?? of the two car accidents i have been in, both involved t-boneing someone, only one my fault, they were both in slow motion and i can remember everything! terrible. hope you can get it fixed though!
good luck man.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:53 PM

it happened FAST. we slid alittle and only had enough time to say, "OH, FU....". all i remember is slidin, the glass breakin beside me, and then bein upside down.

get it flipped over. does this look fixable? :/ all it needs is windshield, driver door window, and roof popped out.. but im worried that wont come out

Attached Thumbnails Simple Snowy Drive Gone Bad...-015.jpg  
Old 02-21-2013, 06:55 PM
trobbins is on a distinguished road

good to see ya okay. you ask the sherrif to hook up and flip over atleast haha. sorry but it think its totaled

Old 02-21-2013, 08:00 PM
Beginning Member
95blackblaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad everyone is OK!! --- Find another cheap one, swap parts. Looks like you got 2 good front tires and a brush bar for a good start!

Old 02-21-2013, 10:30 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

yeah...if you even able to get the roof to pop back out, you will probably never get a windshield to fit properly. i was say the same thing as blackblaze, get a fresh one and start over....
since yours is a 2000 you can just stick with 98+ and have a bunch of extra parts. plus if there is anything that you did on that one that you didnt like, you can change it on your next one...
sorry for the bad news.

Quick Reply: Simple Snowy Drive Gone Bad...