General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

So here I was driving down the road...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 06:15 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default So here I was driving down the road...

And just after a set of lights, my engine stutters and dies... I'm thinking "Great! Fuel pump!" Try turning it over again... nothing...

Roads too busy to hear the fuel pump cycle, so just to be safe, I swap the horn and fuel pump relay... Still nothing...

Noticing a brown trail of oil going into the gutter puddle... Look underneath, and there's a load of oil coming out of the skid plate...

Pop the hood, dipstick is now dry... 2 days ago, oil was good.

Haven't checked yet, but I'm hoping it's the oil filter lines... Or the oil cooler lines....

Is there a safety system in the computer where if there's no oil the engine doesn't run? (at least until the computer is shut off...)

BOLLOCKS!

Old 02-14-2008, 06:32 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: So here I was driving down the road...

I would think there would be a safety shutoff for that but im not sure, hope its nothing seriously bad!!!

Old 02-14-2008, 06:42 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Me too... Otherwise I'll be looking at dropping in my V8a whole lot sooner than I was planning on, lol.

No money is teh suck.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:43 PM
BF Veteran

I hear you on the money thing, but on the other hand a V8 would be soo nice!! I am looking for a V8 right now for mine, im trying to track down a ls motor!!!

Old 02-14-2008, 06:50 PM
BF Veteran

Ebay has a fair number of LS motors...

Check for rolled or rear-ended and written off trucks around you... Buy the whole thing so you've got all the parts you need...

Ahhh well.

Hopefully all I need is some oil lines

Old 02-14-2008, 06:52 PM
BF Veteran

Yea thats what im looking for but at the same time my buddy works at a sand rail place and gets discounts on ls2's brand new straight from chevy so im waiting to hear from him how much he can get me one for and they come with everything im going to need plus they will upgrade the motor for me before I even get it, oh and lastly they will dyno test it to make sure its sound and solid!!

Old 02-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You might not have killed the motor. It is possible, but I would start with repairing the leak and seeing what it sounds like after that. You could do it on the cheap by cutting off the outer portion of the crimp and installing new soft line.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:05 PM
BF Veteran

Since your here kyle, drperry asked if there is a cutoff or safety system designed to shut off the motor if something like this happens and im curious if there is something like that on our blazers?? I don't think there is but just asking??

Old 02-14-2008, 07:28 PM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

You might not have killed the motor. It is possible, but I would start with repairing the leak and seeing what it sounds like after that. You could do it on the cheap by cutting off the outer portion of the crimp and installing new soft line.

I'm gonna crawl underneath and look tonight after work, or tomorrow and see if it's the filter or cooler lines...

I'm hoping that's all it is... I can't afford anything else

Old 02-14-2008, 08:08 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

dude, that sucks.. wouldn't expect someting like that to happen in a 2005 model, maybe a 95'

Quick Reply: So here I was driving down the road...