General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

So here I was driving down the road...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 12:47 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road
Default RE: So here I was driving down the road...

ORIGINAL: drperry

Yeah, I know, lol.

But I can always hope!

Not that I'd want to drive a Cobra this time of the year...
lol ya let me tell u summer tires SUCK in the snow!! when we try to move the used car lot around bout half of the cars have summer tires and ya they just spin and spin and spin. takes forever to get em out of the snow and move em. guess thats y they trade em in lol

Old 02-20-2008, 01:39 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Push em with the blazer

Old 02-20-2008, 05:31 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: 94blueknight

ORIGINAL: drperry

Yeah, I know, lol.

But I can always hope!

Not that I'd want to drive a Cobra this time of the year...
lol ya let me tell u summer tires SUCK in the snow!! when we try to move the used car lot around bout half of the cars have summer tires and ya they just spin and spin and spin. takes forever to get em out of the snow and move em. guess thats y they trade em in lol
I know

I drive with summer tires on snow all the time, because people around here are stupid, lol.

Z-rated tires REALLY REALLY SUCK IN DEEP SNOW!

Old 02-20-2008, 07:34 PM
BrianMichaels1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey glad you aren't loosing the Blazer, though. I'm curious, what mileage did your motor crap out at? My '00 has 115K on it and runs beautifully. Just replaced the oil cooler lines cause they were leaking. Thought mine had a very minor motor tick but it was the PCV valve...weird.

Oh and, your signature pun is funny. Especially since just today I found a website that sells 4.3 supercharger kits to get you up to 337 HP.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:03 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

64,599 km
or
40139 miles
or
321119 furlongs

Old 02-20-2008, 08:36 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Could someone translate that to leagues or chains? I don't understand furlongs..

Old 02-20-2008, 08:51 PM

That would be 13379.958 leagues, and 3,211,190 chains. Hope that helps to clear things up.

Man, that's low mileage! My 4.3's got got 3 times that and runs beautifully! Abuse is out of the question for an experienced Blazer owner and popular member of the forum, so what on earth could have caused that motor to kick the bucket so soon?

Old 02-20-2008, 09:47 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't rule out abuse just yet...

Old 02-20-2008, 10:19 PM

A point I suppose. But, when I was 16 I rather put my 4.3 through some angst myself. It got it's regular maintenance and all, but I was abusive on the throttle. Now I don't drive like a 16 year old. I drive like a true Texan. 55 on the interstate with a 200 car length ahead of me (which by the way, get's me 28-29MPG). Anyway it survived the teenage driver treatment. Now I drive it 3,000 miles a month. Just seems like to throw a rod at 40K you've really got to abuse the living hell out of a 4.3.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:27 PM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: BrianMichaels1
55 on the interstate with a 200 car length ahead of me (which by the way, get's me 28-29MPG).
Mythbusters showed if you get realllllll close to a big rig and draft, you get better milage

*note: tailgating is bad. don't do it.

Quick Reply: So here I was driving down the road...