General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

So I got a total score today....

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Starting Member
tripovermyego is on a distinguished road
Default So I got a total score today....

I went to my fire station for a work day and enroute there, I noticed a green blazer with all the windows busted out. I swung by later on this afternoon and talked to him about some parts. He told me that if I brought my own tools and $50, I could pull anything off I wanted. So far, Im pulling the passenger fender(the driver side is fubar), both headlights, grill, running boards, the cable for the 4wd, all the seats cause his is leather and mine is cloth, the jack and the cover for it, the overhead console, might see about the lock on the rear hatch so my window can open finally as mine is missing, and there may be a few interior pieces I might see if I can grab. The headlights alone(the are brand spanking new) are worth the $50 along aint they?

Old 04-22-2012, 06:10 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

I would hand him 50 and rent a trailer and strip that to the bone!!!

Old 04-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Starting Member

Haha. I wish. I got there tonight to stripe it and he decided that whatever I took off, I had to replace with mine because he wanted weight. So I took off little pieces. Ended up leaving the running boards.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:28 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Well that was nice of him

Old 05-02-2012, 08:21 AM
GryphonBlaze is on a distinguished road

Great find man!

Leather seats are awesome

Old 05-02-2012, 05:38 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

What did he want for the whole thing? I would of paid him the scrap price for it which is about $200-$300, then striping it to the bone & took it to the scrap dealer & got whatever they are paying.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Starting Member

I wanted to do that but I rent my house and they dont like stuff sitting there and I have no other place to put it. I would have liked to swap the dash out on it back to the 97 dash and not the 99 that it currently has.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:59 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

whatcha do is find a storage unit that will rent by the month. Park that sucka in there and you will have a month to strip out whatcha want,then scrap it. shouldnt cost more then 75.00 to rent a storage unit.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

SCORE!!! So lucky bro!

Old 05-02-2012, 10:58 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

That's definitely a score! Wish I could get all the parts for a 98+ front end conversion for $50 lol.

Quick Reply: So I got a total score today....