General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

SOLD OUR BLAZER

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 10:17 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road
Default SOLD OUR BLAZER

Well, guys, we SOLD our Blazer 4x4 on Ebay. We won't be buying another one. We like the truck but not good for what we want. We are looking at a Durango 4x4, or V8 Explorer 4x4. We have owned many Ranger 4x4s & an Explorer 4x4 & we had much better luck with them, Also owned a Dakota that was no problem 4x4.
I appreciate all the people here, & you have taught me a lot. I doubt I'll be around much. We own a Lumina & F250 Ford 4x4. This forum helped me decide to sell our Blazer & to not look for another. Blazer's seem to be plagued with on going problems. We need an SUV that will tow a 5000# cargo trailer with out tearing up trannys & not cost a small fortune to keep in top shape.
Thanks to all,

Craig

Old 11-06-2008, 01:47 AM
Beginning Member
zokalr13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: SOLD OUR BLAZER

can you be more specific with what problems -you are/had with a BLAZER?? i love my BLAZER and so far, its the best frikken vehicle ive ever owned..since ive bought it....i have become more happy [generally] and feel like a million bucks..and all of a sudden,have seen a quantum shift in consciousness on this planet -and nowOBAMA has become prez.....i am now one with the UNIVERSE -all from just owning a 96 BLAZER!!.I bet DEEPAKCHOPRA or BUDDHA, orWAYNE DYERowns a BLAZER.....[:-]so you go with a FORD?? you are grasping.......[X(]

Old 11-06-2008, 06:47 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I wish you luck with that decision. I can tell you from experiences I have shared with friends/family that either of those choices are full of issues as well.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:09 AM
kdanderson5 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: zokalr13

can you be more specific with what problems -you are/had with a BLAZER?? i love my BLAZER and so far, its the best frikken vehicle ive ever owned..since ive bought it....i have become more happy [generally] and feel like a million bucks..and all of a sudden,have seen a quantum shift in consciousness on this planet -and nowOBAMA has become prez.....i am now one with the UNIVERSE -all from just owning a 96 BLAZER!!.I bet DEEPAKCHOPRA or BUDDHA, orWAYNE DYERowns a BLAZER.....[:-]so you go with a FORD?? you are grasping.......[X(]
I also have not had any major problems with my Blazer. It is a 96 also. It has 140k miles now almostand the only thing I have ever HAD to replace was the heater core which is probably going to go out in any vehicle you own at some time or another (I had one go out in a cavalier and a probe I previously owned also, stuff happens, stuff wears out)I am having a few problems now with loose steering, but once again, it is not a major problem that costs tons of money to fix, it is just wearing out like any other vehicle with 140K on it that has never had anything replaced on it.

Never had any motor/drivetrain/4x4/tranny problems with it. Maybe you just got one that was not well cared for before you owned it?

I am also curious to know these problems you had with yours!

Old 11-06-2008, 10:15 AM
kdanderson5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Forgot to mention also, I know three dirrerent people that have exploders and they were all problem filled machines. I think they one was a 98, 01 (maybe not sure anymore), and an 05 I believe.

Numerous tranny problems mainly. The 98 went throught two trannys and was having problems with the third before it was totalled in a tornado. Put a fence post through the radiator, ripped a bunch of stuff off the motor, and then went through the firewall before being lodged into the passenger side seat right where your guts would be! Good thing there was nobody in it!

Llike swart said, these other options also have problems. It is the way of the beast!

Old 11-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Starting Member
95Blzr is an unknown quantity at this point

I think with cars its you either get a good one or a lemon. Also previous owners maintenance has a lot to do with it. I also do a lot of preventative maintenance on all my cars. I've owned over 7 cars and have not had one break down and leave me stranded. But with most blazers, after you get rid of the dex cool problems, fuel pump, get some good ball joints, and intake gaskets/spider, you'll have a great long lasting truck. I also enjoy working on my own car because then I know it's done right. Well good luck with your next choice.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:06 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Well....adios.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Starting Member
Kage0113 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't get a Durango if you do your own work. There is less space under the hood than my moms VW beetle. And dodge is going down the tank anyway and are more expensive to repair. If you want to save money and have a reliable vehicle you should get a toyota. they are cheap and have way better resale value. American vehicles are more expensive to repair, but do it right and they'll run forever

Old 11-08-2008, 03:35 AM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

I wish you luck with that decision. I can tell you from experiences I have shared with friends/family that either of those choices are full of issues as well.
An engine, piston failure, trans burned towing a trailer, fuel pump, front end work, I have only driven it 6000 miles. I agree with the post you either get a good one or a lemon. This one has been a lemon. I found a 91 Explorer 4x4 4.0 manual hubs with 97,000 for $1400. It runs way better than this Blazer with the same mileage. Being an old Ford tech, & owner I have never had an engine problem with a 4.0 I've only owned 4 trucks with that engine. AOD 4sp overdrive is pretty much bullet proof. The newer 5sp auto are JUNK. We have owned 4 Rangers 4x4 & 1 Explorer 4x4 in the late 80s into the late 90s. They never gave me any trouble. They all went over 110,000 miles with only regular maintenance. LOF.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:03 AM
mysons95 is an unknown quantity at this point

Heck, they're all fun.

Quick Reply: SOLD OUR BLAZER