General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Spare Tire Rack

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 06:18 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BlaziNator
Hmmm...good to know. I was going to do this, but will probably keep away now. I guess I can just toss my spare on the roof and strap it down. Although that might hurt my MPG's on the highway.
looks better on the roof anyway...IMO

Old 10-06-2009, 07:51 AM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

anything is possible if you are willing to spend the time and money to do it, yes relocating the spare to the back on a swing arm is possible but like stated before you have to basically take the interior apart and weld or bolt in steel to bolt the tire carrier to because the panels themselves are not strong enough

Old 10-06-2009, 11:58 AM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

I figured they put the supports on both the 2 doors and 4 doors. Makes sense though now that I think about it. I would think having to swing the spare out of the way to get into the back would get annoying though. Roof it is =) What is the biggest tire that will fit in the sock under the rear location?

Old 10-06-2009, 05:08 PM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

I figured they put the supports on both the 2 doors and 4 doors. Makes sense though now that I think about it. I would think having to swing the spare out of the way to get into the back would get annoying though. Roof it is =) What is the biggest tire that will fit in the sock under the rear location?

another problem is that it's impossible to see small cars out the back if they're really close to you

Old 10-06-2009, 06:33 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

i think a 31 is the biggest tire that will fit on the bottom. Not sure though

Old 10-06-2009, 07:20 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The_Beast
another problem is that it's impossible to see small cars out the back if they're really close to you
Another good point. I've almost backed into a few Yaris', Echo's and other small cars because I literally couldn't see them behind me. The spare tire takes up pretty much the entire back window

Old 10-06-2009, 08:24 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
Another good point. I've almost backed into a few Yaris', Echo's and other small cars because I literally couldn't see them behind me. The spare tire takes up pretty much the entire back window
But they look very nice on the back. I like having mine on and swinging it out isn't a pain, only takes a second. Now when I get a rack there will still be room in it for cargo (since it is only a 2 door).

Old 10-06-2009, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Sisk
I just hate looking the rear view mirror and seeing nothing and then looking in the side mirror and see a car behind you, but it's the price of having a fly car

Old 10-06-2009, 11:16 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by The_Beast
I just hate looking the rear view mirror and seeing nothing and then looking in the side mirror and see a car behind you, but it's the price of having a fly car
I got used to that after driving my camaro for 3 years with 2.5% tint on the back window.

I constantly watch my mirrors. I always like to know where the people are around me because I trust none of them whether I'm in my cars or on my bike.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by sporty_drew
I got used to that after driving my camaro for 3 years with 2.5% tint on the back window.

I constantly watch my mirrors. I always like to know where the people are around me because I trust none of them whether I'm in my cars or on my bike.
I've definitely learned to use my side mirror a lot more since I got my own blazer

Quick Reply: Spare Tire Rack