General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

spent some $$$on the blazer

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 05:12 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spent some $$$on the blazer

well some of you may remember me posting about the problem with my rear tires wearing in an odd way and fast. well its gotten really bad, so i took it to a body shop and had it put on frame machine yesterday,$75,well i found out that the housing is bend back 3/4' back on the left side, as few of you said it probably was, good call guys. so i i have to have a new rear end put in, so i got on the phone and found one and bought it today, $490 after tax, it has 120,000K on itw/ 6 month warranty, it will be here tommorow so i am taking the blazer to a guy i know who will put it in for $100 if goes ok, going to have him replace all the seals while he putting it in so he will charge a little more. so im looking at the least $700 total, so i am spending a good bit of money on my blaze but in all the wrong ways. but i have to have it on the road so i gotta fix it. but if anybody wants to donate to the needy let me know and i will give you my pay pal account name. lol

Old 02-07-2008, 05:27 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: spent some $$$on the blazer

Well its a good thing your getting it fixed, I know how I have to keep mine on the road as well!! Sorry about the money though im in the same spot!!

Old 02-07-2008, 06:16 PM

well its not so much tcoming up w/ it, i have it but dont want to spend it that way, i have been keeping a certain account building to put something new on the blazer, was leaning toward bags but that just got delayed.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:19 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

well its kinda a good spend in away cuz now u wont be goin thru tires and other stuff so fast
and ya ik how it is w/ the money end kinda tight on mone now here

Old 02-10-2008, 11:52 AM

well i dropped of the xtreme yesterday and its going into surgury today. but thee was a little twist in the deal last night. i put the rear end on my trailer and took it to the guy and left the blazer and trailer with him, well last night he heard something outside his house, and he thought about my stuff out there so he fliped on his flood lights and some crack head was hooking up to my trailer, well the theif got scared and drove off and the trailer came off the truck because he didnt latch it down, so my buddy had to put my trailer in his shop to keep it safe. he called and told me the ewhole story when it happened. thats would have sucked if he had gotten away with it, i would have been screwed big time, no rear end but out $500, and no trailer and blazer still messed up

Old 02-10-2008, 11:58 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Shew.... that would have really sucked! I hope you get it back soon!

Old 02-10-2008, 12:25 PM

it will be done by wend. at the latest

*edit* i just found out that the rear end i bought is a posi.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:53 AM
Starting Member
JediKnight2 is an unknown quantity at this point

MANNN...I HATE thieves! They think that it's OK because you have the money to have a trailer and parts on it....We need to start cutting off hands....

Glad your friend had the frame of mind out of a dead sleep to go out and startle the guy!

Old 02-13-2008, 08:42 PM

well i just went and picked my blazer, now i just have to go get my new tires put on it friday, but i think i will be in good shape now, its hag 3.42 gears in it now and he pulled the diff cover and made sure it was a posi and it was so i came out pretty good, the place i got it from didnt know it was a posi till after i bought it, the vibration was reduced bur not eliminated yet it, butshould be fine once i get the tires on it. after almost a grand it better be fixed

Old 02-13-2008, 09:20 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Nice, glad the blazer should be all fixed now. Your lucky the guy didnt get your trailer, cause that would have sucked.

Quick Reply: spent some $$$on the blazer